What's new

ASUS RT-AC87U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.378.6117 BETA

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

deezayy

Occasional Visitor
Build should be populating on the Asus site soon.

Download URL: http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/wireless/RT-AC87U/FW_RT_AC87U_30043786117.zip

ASUS RT-AC87U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.378.6117
- Release note -

[Please note] This version changed the login authentication method. Please unplug the hard drive before updating firmware. After firmware updated, please press the reset button more than five seconds to reset the router to avoid some compatibility issues.

Security fixes
- Enhanced the login authentication strength and fixed CSRF related issues.
- Forced administrator to change the default password "admin" in internet setup wizard.
- Added protection mechanism for GUI login brute-force attack for login username and password.
- Administrator can assign a specified IP to login GUI in Administration > System > "Allow only specified IP.

New feature
- Added client list view button on network map and help administrator easily monitor all client connection status.

Bug fixes
- Fixed the NAT loopback issue when connecting to LAN FTP server.
- Fixed UI issue when using SmartSync to sync with Dropbox.
- Fixed lease time and lease expires time
- Fixed dual wan connection issue when both primary and secondary wan connected to cable modems.
- Fixed Ethernet connection fails in IPv6 when WAN hwaddr is cloned.
- Fixed smart sync error when synchronized with Samba and FTP
- Fixed JS error in AiProtection
- Fixed allowed and blocked incoming icmp firewall rules.
- Fixed syslog flooded with message miniupnpd[xxxx] ....
- Fixed dnsmasq buffer overflow issue.
- Fixed redirect issue when using https only.
- Fixed USB related issues when connected to USB hub.

3G/LTE dongle related fixes
- Fixed executed time issue when using auto-APN.
- Modified auto-APN nvram.
- Fixed lockpin function.
- Fixed send_sms function.
- Updated the SPN data from Android.
- Fixed web redirected fail after setting PPPoE in internet setup wizard.

Modifications
- Updated Adaptive QoS DPI engine.
- Reduced media server memory usage when scanning *.avi, *.mov, *.mp4, *.m4a, *.3gp, *.3g2, *.mj2.
- refined AiProtection alert mail format.

Attachments

• 876117.JPG
    876117.JPG
    22.7 KB · Views: 394
So sad, AiProtection - Time Scheduling is still not working in this version.

BTW, I'm on MAC Safari and Firefox.

Last edited:
So sad, AiProtection - Time Scheduling is still not working in this version.

BTW, I'm on MAC Safari and Firefox.
I've tested it and saw the same, I'm reporting it.

Is a hard reset from 6065 required again? I am getting tired of hard resets....
On Hardwarezone they stated that is required. Anyway I already do that each time I upgrade just in case.
Also for this version it says to unplug any drive on the usb's and put it back onces it reboots

Replied through TapaTalk

This Beta firmware hasn't yet populated all of Asus' download severs. In fact, I can only find it on a link for NA support for the RT-AC87R under "Others". However, that site doesn't have version 378.6065 AFAICT. Strange.

I'm at sticking with 6065 for now. It's the first firmware that's completely stable for me on 5Ghz, so I'm reluctant to change anything.

I'm at sticking with 6065 for now. It's the first firmware that's completely stable for me on 5Ghz, so I'm reluctant to change anything.
I'll second that. This nonsense of hard resets on every BETA now and the broken Network Tools etc. sucks. I'll sit this one out.

Last edited:
I ended up installing this today, as my 5Ghz wifi started giving me 100ms+ ping times to the router. A reboot fixed it, but I figured at this point I should just go with the latest.

So far my 5Ghz speeds are just as high as with 6065, so that's good. We'll see how it runs until the next firmware release.

Really tired of this router. My N66U bridge keeps disconnecting on 5ghz with the AC87U as primary router. When I set it the 5ghz to N only, the laptop is then disconnecting too. Cant even get devices to work properly.

Then there is the 2ms ping time to the router on 5ghz and 0ms on 2.4ghz. If only 5ghz would be 0ms too then I could deal with that and get an EA-AC87, but I dont wanna deal with higher ping.

I am now using this beta and absolutely no change. I dont know what to do with it anymore.

Last edited:
I ended up installing this today, as my 5Ghz wifi started giving me 100ms+ ping times to the router. A reboot fixed it, but I figured at this point I should just go with the latest.

So far my 5Ghz speeds are just as high as with 6065, so that's good. We'll see how it runs until the next firmware release.
I went back on my word out of boredom and installed the latest BETA and humming along nicely on 2.5 and 5Ghz no problemo. Network tools not working but I scarcely use that anyways.

I think the upgraded security and updated Adaptive QOS DPI engine are worth installing 6117.

Last edited:
I installed this update and reset the router. I see this in the syslog appearing 8 times every 10 mins..

miniupnpd[678]: SSDP packet sender 169.254.39.219:40946 not from a LAN, ignoring

Not my case hopefully

Replied through TapaTalk

Asus (finally!) upgraded miniupnpd, however in doing so they also reverted various logging tweaks. There's also an additional log tweak that's required for the RT-AC87U to prevent the message you are seeing (I fixed that in my FW a few months ago).

In short: just ignore them. They are annoying, but they aren't a problem.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!