What's new

ASUS RT-AC87U Issues? Anyone?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

pilotboy72

Occasional Visitor
Hi Everyone,

I recently purchased a new Asus RT-AC87U router to replace my AC66U. I noticed that immediately after a wireless client tries to get data, the LED for the 5GHz light started flashing at about 1 blink per second. The 2.4GHz LED flickers as you would expect for a normal activity light. When the 5GHz light started flashing, I noticed a substantial speed decrease to all my wireless clients, with throughput ranging in the 5-10kBps range. The signal strength seems fine, but the data throughput is horrible.

As I typically do, I am running the latest Asus firmware for the router. Asus support has been unresponsive to the issue, so I'm asking the forum if anyone else has experienced any issues with this router.

Thanks,
Brian

I'm glad it wasn't just me. Were you able to fix it?

Last edited:
LED blinking behaviour will be different because different manufacturers are used for the two radios, each one with its own design.

I've had my 87u for 1 1/2 weeks, firmware 2061, working great,
no issues so far. Many devices connected, using both 2.4 and 5GHz
bands. Mind you, I'm being conservative for the time
being and not utilizing much (ie. no usb, no qos, no micro trend, etc)

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!