What's new

Asus RT-AC87u PPTP purevpn

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Paul Ukiya

New Around Here
Hi, I used PPTP with purevpn before with my original Asus firmware around the early months of 2016 and it was working fine but I still used the windows version of purevpn. Last month I tried Merlin firmware and was pleased it fixed most if not all issues that I had with the original Asus firmware so I have been using it since then. Just yesterday I had the need to use the VPN feature of my router and have used PPTP and OpenVPN and while router says it is connected my IP address is still my ISP meaning it did not change at all. I only need to use PPTP so I thought it must be a bug or something with Merlin Firmware and tried the original Asus Firmware and still the same. Any input of what can be causing this because as far as I can search others are not having the same problem. MAC filter is off and im using DUAL WAN Load Balance setup if somehow that is the cause of why its not working.