What's new

Asus RT-AC87U Router Problem.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Emmany

New Around Here
Hi Guys, I have the Asus RT-AC87U Router . Today when i turned off the power on the wall and turned it on again the router powered up but the blue lights went on , on the 2,3,4,internet and wps . But the lights on The power , 2.4ghz , 5ghz and port 1 doesnt go on .

I tried a reset but still nothing happens . I dont know what to do. What do you think the problem is?. Did I corrupt the firmware or something?. Any kind of help will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Emmany

Attachments

• IMG-5265.JPG
    IMG-5265.JPG
    26.8 KB · Views: 612
Hi Guys, I have the Asus RT-AC87U Router . Today when i turned off the power on the wall and turned it on again the router powered up but the blue lights went on , on the 2,3,4,internet and wps . But the lights on The power , 2.4ghz , 5ghz and port 1 doesnt go on .

I tried a reset but still nothing happens . I dont know what to do. What do you think the problem is?. Did I corrupt the firmware or something?. Any kind of help will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Emmany

Try a 30-30-30 reset

CC

Try a 30-30-30 reset

CC

Don't try a 30/30/30 reset. That's an old dd-wrt thing. I don't even tell people on the dd-wrt forum to do that anymore. Especially not on new routers.
You'll just be putting the router into recovery mode.

If a plain reset doesn't fix it chances are is hardware failure. Does the channel option by any chance just say 0?

Don't try a 30/30/30 reset. That's an old dd-wrt thing. I don't even tell people on the dd-wrt forum to do that anymore. Especially not on new routers.
You'll just be putting the router into recovery mode.

If a plain reset doesn't fix it chances are is hardware failure. Does the channel option by any chance just say 0?

FYI the only way I just recently got my R8500 out of a boot loop was a 30-30-30 reset. To each his own. It works for me.

CC

That procedure will do completely different things depending on your specific model. While it worked well 10 years ago for most routers, that is no longer the case with modern routers.

With Asus's Broadcom models for instance, this procedure will do the same thing as pressing the reset button for 5-10 seconds, which means put the router into firmware recovery mode. It will NOT erase nvram, and the extra 80 seconds will do nothing more than give you muscle cramps as you try to fiddle with a pen on the reset button, holding the router, and using the power switch, at all the same time...

To erase nvram at boot time, you have to press the WPS button for 5-10 seconds.

For other models, refer to your manufacturer's manual, as the procedure will vary.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!