What's new

Asus RT-AC88U Latency and errors in System Log.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Bill E.

New Around Here
Hello,

My apologies, I am a long time follower of this forum, but first time poster and I need some (noob) help. I previously had an Asus RT-AC87U and had no issues for a long time. Shortly after redoing my kitchen, my WiFI started to act up as in dropping the connection, range became bad so I assumed it was kitchen interference, so I relocated the Asus router in my living room away, further away from the kitchen, to help correct any possible interference. That didn't resolve the issue, so I assumed perhaps that something caused my AC87U to fail and that it needed replacement. To make this long story short, I replaced my RT-AC87U with the Asus RT-AC88U, still relocated in the living room and I am still experiencing the latency as far as speed, but connectivity seems to be "better"?

About my connection, I have a 200 Mbps DL and 10 Mbps UL package and I get those speeds running a speed test on the LAN connection, but when I am on 2.4 wireless, I often get get 2 Mbps or something ridiculously low like that within say 15-20 feet of the router.

As far as devices on my network, I have about 60 devices, the majority of which are smart devices (Alexas and Wemo switches). I am running Merlin 380.69 firmware and the only thing jumping out at me is that Core #2 is often showing 100% and the System Log keeps showing the below error. I am not sure if this could cause this latency on my wireless, but I thought it was my NAS drive syncing, but after disabling that, I keep showing this message in the system log. Any thoughts or insight on these issues is greatly appreciated.

Thank you to all of you in advance for any ideas, let me know if you need any additional information about my settings, etc. to help understand more.

And apologies in advance if I posted this incorrectly or in the wrong place in this forum.

upload_2018-1-21_10-40-35-png.11652

Thank you again.

Bill.

Would you recommend purchasing this device over the RT-AC68U?
I see people with issues with USB and various other issues. Cannot determine if the RT-AC3100/RT-AC88u is an unreliable device...

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!