What's new

Asus RT-N18U Bricked?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

m782

New Around Here
hi all,
I have an Asus RT-N18 that somehow, suddenly can't be accessed. I think this is just a normal problem, and the flash will return everything to its original state.

have tried to do various ways, but can't put it in recovery mode. Power LED is solid since the start, not flashing at all.

can anyone help me?

I will appreciate every opinion

When you say it can't be accessed, do you mean that you can't log into it but it is otherwise working normally. Or do you mean that nothing at all is working?

Have you tried doing a normal reset by pressing the reset button on the back of the unit?

thank you for your reply.

yep, it can't be accessed, the indication is that the Power LED doesn't blink at all.

I have done:
1. pressing the reset button (5 seconds, even longer)
2. Turn on the power, while still pressing the reset button (30 seconds, even longer)

besides that, I have combined it with the WPS button, but the power LED still does not blink, which indicates entering recovery mode. The power LED only lights up, without blinking.

from the information I read, it should be at that stage, the power LED blinks and the router can be accessed with the firmware restoration application, of course by setting the IP statically.

any other ideas?

Try the following in this order:

Remove all connections from the router. Including all WAN, LAN, and any USB cables, if applicable.
Do a Hard Power-Off by removing the power plug from the router (and not just from the AC wall outlet).
Let the router sit there disconnected for at least 10 minutes and up to an hour.
Only plug in the power plug, power up the router and wait for at least 15 minutes.
Hold down the reset button until the router reboots.

Sorry, I'm out of ideas. It looks like you've done everything correctly (according to the user manual).

I don't have that model router so maybe others that do can offer you more advice.