What's new

asus RT-N66R wrong time

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

JohnT

Occasional Visitor
my router has no internet connection. in looking at the system log it is showing a date of dec 31 2016. how can this be. how can i correct it. i reset the time to my correct time but it still does not work

my router has no internet connection. in looking at the system log it is showing a date of dec 31 2016. how can this be. how can i correct it. i reset the time to my correct time but it still does not work
Are you using the factory supplied firmware? I have an RT-N56U that runs Asus firmware and for some strange reason hangs on to some data in the log from Dec 31 in spite of refresh commands. It does have current data as well. You might try a firmware upgrade to the current factory or Merlin's firmware.

You say your router has no internet connection??? It would then have no way to update its clock.

Are you using the factory supplied firmware? I have an RT-N56U that runs Asus firmware and for some strange reason hangs on to some data in the log from Dec 31 in spite of refresh commands. It does have current data as well. You might try a firmware upgrade to the current factory or Merlin's firmware.

You say your router has no internet connection??? It would then have no way to update its clock.

apparently it was an issue with Time Warner Cable. thanks for your help!