What's new

ASUS RT-N66U Port Forwarding

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

LeBrayn Jomms

New Around Here
Hello all,

I'm trying to configure port forwarding on my router and I'm a bit confused. I have an ASUS RT-N66U, as mentioned in the title, and I'm stuck. I've attached a screenshot that shows the settings page on my router and my hope is to get specific clarity based on that page. The main question I have is this: In the "Local IP" text box, what IP do I put? Do I put the IP of the device I want the port to be forwarded to (i.e. my Xbox One, a specific computer, etc.) or do I put the IP of the router itself?

I have some other questions too that I haven't really been able to find an answer for such as:

1) Do I absolutely have to have a static IP to use port forwarding? If so, the same question from above would apply, as in do I forward it to the router's static IP, or to the specific device's IP? Also, if I assign a static IP to one device in my home, do I then have to assign every device a static IP?

2) How do I define a port range? For instance, say I want to open ports 21, 22, and 80. How do I type that into the "Port Range" text box to open them all at once? To go along with that, would I input the same information into the "Local Port" text box?

Sorry for being so long winded, I'm just very new to this and I would really appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Screenshot (2).png
    Screenshot (2).png
    214.4 KB · Views: 349