What's new

Asus RT-N66U set up

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Reddace

New Around Here
Hello! New to the forum. Didn't quite know how to configure these settings so perhaps someone can help. I would like to optionize my router Asus RT-N66U with Traffic Manager so I can enhance my video streaming. Not sure what to prioritize to give the most Bandwith too. As all I see mentioned is to enchance gaming. It there a way to configure this to optimize streaming? Thank you in advance for any replies.

From your post, it appears that your bandwidth is not capped or limited...nice. Are you streaming at the same time as gaming or other intensive activities? If not, I'd just leave it alone but if you wish to limit other intensive activities, you could use the QOS settings to slow them down. I don't have my 66 on Asus or Merlin firmware but my 56 has QOS settings under "Traffic Manager" and it allows you to prioritize different categories of traffic and limit others. Probably the same for the 66.

There are a number of good primers on QOS...the Asus firmware has a link to one and there is a very exhaustive one on the Linksysinfo.org forum by "Toastman". I recall seeing some links on this forum as well. It is a complex topic and I won't even try to get into it here.

Thanks for the reply. I think that perhaps other than surfing the net, it probably isn't really necessary to tweak things. I may leave as it is. Thanks.