What's new

Asus RT-N66u with TomatoUSB firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

HI,

a newbie question, After flashing TomatoUSB firmware, when there is a new upgrade comes up, Shall I use Asus Restore App to flash it, or just using Tomato UI to flash it?

Thanks

William

HI,

a newbie question, After flashing TomatoUSB firmware, when there is a new upgrade comes up, Shall I use Asus Restore App to flash it, or just using Tomato UI to flash it?

Thanks

William

You can upgrade to a new stock or Tomato firmware when you already have tomato running. Just make sure you do a clear NVRAM every time you upgrade/downgrade.

You can upgrade to a new stock or Tomato firmware when you already have tomato running. Just make sure you do a clear NVRAM every time you upgrade/downgrade.

Thanks much for the answer. 1) Where can I clear NVRAM from Tomato? 2) Shall I do it before or after upgrade?

Thanks,

William

Administration/Upgrade...then check the box "After flashing, erase all data in NVRAM memory" So, select your new file and then check the box.

Great!, BTW, Shall I clear NVRAM when I upgrade from Stock Firmware to Tomato? if so, how?

Thanks!

William

Great!, BTW, Shall I clear NVRAM when I upgrade from Stock Firmware to Tomato? if so, how?

Thanks!

William

You can clear it within Tomato without having to load a firmware. Do this, it is under "Admin" -> "Configs" -> "Restore Default Configuration" drop box and select "Erase All data in NVRAM memory (thorough)"

Last edited:
Those who have tomato running on it, which builds are you using? Also what is the highest TX power do you have it before the signal starts to degrade? I read the current .102 stock firmware does really well at TX power of 80mw.

Just bought it. I'm currently testing the stock firmware version 3.0.0.3.90, and found that all the portforwardings are not working, not sure what I am dong wrong.

Hi!
Have somebody issue with scheduler and settings?
I mean shceduler with my router doesn't work all the time.
When I check All Days and Time for Reboot command
it works only at the first time and after reboot it stop
rebooting others days.
With settings I have similar story.
After rebooting some parameters return back
to default settings and I have to cange it again.
Now I'm usinga Toasman version of Toamato.
Thanks.

Last edited:
Administration/Upgrade...then check the box "After flashing, erase all data in NVRAM memory" So, select your new file and then check the box.

Or you can telnet or SSH into router and issue a command nvram erase.
Inside the router you can execute same command or build a script for
whatever you want to do like backing up CFE file for safe keeping, etc..

Hi,

Is it worth to flash it with Tomato USB, Whats the default username/password for Tomato USB?

Thanks

William

Hi,
I flashed AIO w/o any issue this morning. Had to tweak radios for max. speed.
Like the USB support part(I use only flash drives) As good or better than .102 stock f/w I ran for a day. Will see what happens when wife starts streaming movies tonight.

HI,

Just wondering what did you tweak radios for max. speed?

Thanks,

William

Newbie question:

Typically, NVRAM is linked directly to firmware versions and clearing it usually means wiping the current specific settings for that firmware. When I've done this in the past for other electronics, it usually means restoring your settings manually or restoring them from a backup config, which sometimes is also not recommended b/c of changes in the firmware.

In the case of the RT-66u, when you clear the NVRAM, what exactly are you clearing and is there anything you need to restore? For instance setting up a bunch of fixed IPs or tweaks to the power etc..?

Thanks

Hi!
Have somebody issue with scheduler and settings?
I mean shceduler with my router doesn't work all the time.
When I check All Days and Time for Reboot command
it works only at the first time and after reboot it stop
rebooting others days.
With settings I have similar story.
After rebooting some parameters return back
to default settings and I have to cange it again.
Now I'm usinga Toasman version of Toamato.
Thanks.

I found the problem of non-activation of the service Access Restriction/WPS Key ON OFF.
When restart the router with USB support and a USB key inserted, the previous services(Access Restriction for wireless OFF/WPS Key ON OFF) do not work.If i press the WPS button,this don't turn OFF the wireless,the same for acess restriction.
I hope I have explained
My current firmware is: tomato-K26USB-1.28.RT-N5x-MIPSR2-085V-AIO of Shibby
Sorry for my bad english