What's new

ASUS RTAC68U freezing Audio

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Mondriaan

New Around Here
I have a problem with freezing periodic audio when playing audio from a harddisk connected to the router, i have installed the Merlin update but the problem still exists. When playing the same audio from local devices (android phone, tablet, laptop and minix) all is well, but when it comes from the router diskdevice (WIFI and LAN), in the past i didn't had the problem.

Is there some tweak in the asuswrt-Merlin config that can tackle the problem?

Thank you

My RT-AC68U is overclocked to 1200MHz and all unneeded services are turned off (AdaptiveQoS, DPI). For mine there is no issue playing music and movies from the hard drive via media server or samba. If you have a lot of media files, then your media server could be scanning them in and hogging the CPU. Check to see what other programs could be running on the router. I recommend overclocking (and then put a fan on it).

I uninstalled the download master client because maybe this was the problem but the problem still exists, its strange when i use the aicloud app there is no noticeable problem. I do not use my network on a base that it uses a lot of capacity so this overclocking is not something that i would like to use, it is also strange that the buffer that is used for video works alright and that the audio stutters.

I expected more from this Merlin update, i resetted the router but now i have still this merlin config in the router, is there a way to turn it back to the original Asus?

I expected more from this Merlin update, i resetted the router but now i have still this merlin config in the router, is there a way to turn it back to the original Asus?

Just flash the original Asus firmware, then do a factory default reset afterward.