Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

ASUS U32VJ WIFI Intel Centrino N 2230

Discussion in 'ASUS Wireless' started by 2danny9, Jan 26, 2013.

1. 2danny9

2danny9 New Around Here

I bought the laptop, it has ->W8<-.
    I assumed maybe drivers were old or Windows needed a repair. Nope. Still connects to every router, but has no connection to the internet.

It first had ASUS:

V15.5.0.42

I then installed ASUS:

V15.5.5.47

I then install Intel's wifi driver:

V15.5.6e64

In school, I connect to the WIFI and I get internet for one second and then I get no internet, the wifi cycles automatically connecting to disconcerting. Doing this manually did not work also.

I ASSUMED this was at school only. No, I had V15.5.5.47, and in a space of 10 minutes, TWICE my WIFI dropped. Connected to wifi, but no internet!

I uninstalled the Wireless software from programs, then uninstall device driver from device manager. I installed all version drivers via run as admin.

Device manager also lists:

Intel WiUSB - USB-IF xHCI USB Host Controller - Windows code not load drivers code 31, hardware id: root\usbpalbus.

Help please, I do want to send this laptop back, I either fix it or refund it, I have no other computer to wait for 15+ days to send it off to repairs.

I;ve also used reg cleaners, defrag etc.

Thank you all in advance,

Dan