What's new

Asus WL-330NUL Pocket Router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

There are a lot of travel routers coming out. Why this one vs. the others?

Is this an interesting category to review? Due to the nature of the product, we would not do our normal range testing.

It's an odd one - check the functionality - it's a Ethernet client adapter as well... niche case compared to some devices.

Just by it's size, it might be useful in a road-warriors trip kit...

And range testing on the travel router category - by design, many of them are lower powered to provide that "bubble" within a typical hotel room - very different use case compared to the home/small office market.

Last edited:
Picked up one last weekend...

Setup was a bag-of-hurt due to old firmware and basic Windows issues with drivers, etc... once all sorted, it basically works...

Happy to either write a pocket snapshot or ship it over via fedex for a formal performance review....

We are going to be doing a few travel router roundups, including full performance tests. The D-Link DIR-505 and 506L are already in the router charts....

Asked ASUS if they wanted to participate. No response. I have plenty of others to test.

Travel routers should have one or both of...

WiFi as WAN - Travel router is a client of a host WiFi network and creates both new WiFi coverage and ethernet port(s) for clients near the travel router.

Cellular as WAN USB cellular modem plugs into travel router to become the primary WAN. I use this a lot since hotel WiFi is so often faulty/slow or a security worry.

Cradlepoint, Peplink, others make these.

This device does do WiFi as WAN fwiw...

Security issues not withstanding...

see my post over on the ASUS sub-board there...

Once set up - I was in DEN last month, and it was fairly reliable over a 5 day trip...

good review here -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLTE7Ev66gw

And also - considering the cost and the utility/usability - this is likely the best value for any ASUS product - and open source to boot... go on Merlin and Shibby on this one...

Last edited:
This device does do WiFi as WAN fwiw...

Security issues not withstanding...

see my post over on the ASUS sub-board there...

Once set up - I was in DEN last month, and it was fairly reliable over a 5 day trip...

good review here -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLTE7Ev66gw

And also - considering the cost and the utility/usability - this is likely the best value for any ASUS product - and open source to boot... go on Merlin and Shibby on this one...
With 3rd party firmware, does WISP mode still work? (I'm assuming that USB NIC mode doesn't!)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!