What's new

ASUS XD4 PowerLine feature

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

sohil

New Around Here
I just moved into a place that has the Xfinity modem in a basement room connected to an Asus RT-AC86U. Wireless download speed outside the room is 180Mbps. The floor above, has a download speed of 80Mbps, and the top floor is about 16Mbps

I added an ASUS RT-AC1900P on the 1st FL and increased the download from 80Mbps to 130Mbps. The 2nd Floor download increased from 16Mbps to 21Mbps. I think the house construction is an issue.

I have ordered the ASUS XenWiFi xD4 (3-PK) from Best Buy. How do I enable the PowerLine backhaul when I set it up later to increase download speeds? I had a Netgear PLW1010 PowerLine Adapter connected from the ASUS RT-86U to the top floor (giving me download speeds of 85-92Mbps) before a power surge damaged the unit.

I have returned the TP-Link Deco M5 and the M9 Plus because I could not get download speeds beyond 23Mbps.

Thanks.

What is the model number on those? The DX4 I have seen were DC powered so no powerline capable (on their own)

I was looking at the ASUS XD4 Mini (3-PK) XD4 (B-3-PK).

The TP-Link Deco M5 and the M9 Plus would be nice if they worked. ASUS seem to the a WiFi Router/Firewall as well with AiProtection, mesh network, and has the SSID Network isolation, web filter, VPN server, etc.

After using LinkSys, Netgear, etc. I have switched to ASUS 8 years ago and I have not looked back. It's as close to a Fortinet for home as I can get.

Last edited:
Those do not have a powerline backhaul. You can use the ethernet port as backhaul or the not-to-fast and shared 5 GHz 2 x 2; this would not be any faster than the TP-Link M5. The M9 is a bit better as it has a second 2x2 5Ghz radio.
You could use separate powerline or MOCA adapters plugged to the ethernet ports with any of those Mesh systems; results will vary depending on the wiring. The TP-Link Deco P9 combine Homeplug AV1000 and AC1200 (867Mbps on 2x2 5Ghz)

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!