What's new

Asus ZenWifi AX Gigabit internet speed?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

psykix

Occasional Visitor
Anyone got this router and can get full internet speed on a gigabit connection?

I'm in the UK and I've upgraded to Fibre 900 with BT (910Mbps down, 110Mbps up).

I can only get around 500-700Mbps on a gigabit wired client via the router. I've tried the obvious stuff like turning off QoS, AI Protection, DoS, and traffic analyzer.

Just wanted to check the router should be capable of pushing faster speeds!

Are you running the latest firmware for it?

You may want to do a full reset to factory defaults too. Simply turning off settings may not be enough to enable/allow the full performance again. :)

The client device you use to test too is important. Is it plugged into AC power and set to 'Best Performance', for example?

Yes, running latest firmware. I was considering a factory reset to be honest, although it seems that others who have just similarly upgraded their broadband have similar issues, so may be an ISP issue.

Factory reset fixed it :) I've turned all the AI Protect, DoS, QoS etc on and it's still full speed.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!