What's new

ASUS ZenWiFi AX WiFi 6 System (XT8)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

frankhere

Regular Contributor
Hello Folks,
I am not ( as yet) an ASUS router user ... I am presently on Netgrear stuff and making the switch to the new system . I am waiting for Amazon to have the units in black ( I am a slave to fashion!).

That said, for those experienced ASUS users here , will I be able to accomplish the following:

Since I want to be up and running asap, Can I name my network (SSID) with my existing name and then assign the existing passwords to access the router and notes.
My intent is simple... I do not want to go from device to device and reset the Network name and password.

I would assume if other ASUS routers do this today, the new unit (ZenWifi XT8) will follow suit.

Any help / insight on this is welcomed.

thank you

Last edited:
Of course, do that as a test, at least.

But, if/when any inexplicable issues arise? Time for new SSID's. :)

Follow the link in my signature for the reason why. ;)

Yup, just use current SSID and Password, setup is simple and fast.

I know someone that has just bought the CT8 version from Amazon UK and he says it is superb.

CT8 (non AX) is vavailable now, XT8 is being quoted as available somewhere from February to April.

Of course, do that as a test, at least.

But, if/when any inexplicable issues arise? Time for new SSID's. :)

Follow the link in my signature for the reason why. ;)
thank you...
I looked at the links yet cannot discern which link gives the reasons NOT ( pro or con) on using the same SSID. Can you point to to the one that reviews this?

Thank you

Yup, just use current SSID and Password, setup is simple and fast.

I know someone that has just bought the CT8 version from Amazon UK and he says it is superb.

CT8 (non AX) is vavailable now, XT8 is being quoted as available somewhere from February to April.
yes, I saw the same on availability. Maybe its best to wait the month or two ... yet I am ready for a new router... :>)

EDIT 1-24-2020
Amazon shows the product available Feb 12, 2020. ( Only shows the white shell model ; black is preferred for me)

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!