What's new

asuscomm.com DDNS down?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing issues with Asus DDNS services at this time?

My N66U cannot seem to register the hostname which I used before (successfully).
I believe this might be an outage with Asus DDNS service, as it was working fine a few hours ago.

See another (recent) thread about this very issue. Asus is updating their servers. ;)

I am having issues registering name in DDNS using Merlin firmware. This is a brand new router AC-68R.
Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

upload_2016-5-21_9-25-49.png

this is the first time the ddns server has gone down for me and i have had this router for 2 years so not bad hope it gets back up soon

EDIT:

do you guys get
May 21 18:02:32 ddns update: ez-ipupdate: starting...
May 21 18:02:33 ddns update: connected to nwsrv-ns1.asus.com (103.10.4.108) on port 80.
May 21 18:02:33 ddns update: error recv()ing reply: Connection reset by peer
May 21 18:02:33 ddns update: Asus update entry:: return:
May 21 18:02:33 ddns update: retval= 2, ddns_return_code (^A)
May 21 18:02:33 ddns update: asusddns_update: 2

also?

asuscomm.com is down for me as well. They are doing some upgrades apparently since the whole support pages network was offline earlier today.

Asus DDNS is down for the moment and has been for the whole day. It's not the firmware. Just have patience

Is namecheap ddns better? I've tried to use it but it doesn't work, keep giving some error. I just used any subdomain (tried both my own domain hosted on namecheap and some random address that doesn't exists/owned)

still not up.. maybe its down for the whole weekend? i think someone at asus got tangled in the ethernet cords and are now struggeling to get out of it thats why this is happening. while hes struggeling he manage to pull some power cords and some ethernet cords are now broken off..

error code in the router

May 22 09:38:05 ddns update: ez-ipupdate: starting...
May 22 09:38:05 ddns update: connected to nwsrv-ns1.asus.com (103.10.4.108) on port 80.
May 22 09:38:05 ddns update: error recv()ing reply: Connection reset by peer
May 22 09:38:05 ddns update: Asus update entry:: return:
May 22 09:38:05 ddns update: retval= 2, ddns_return_code (^A)
May 22 09:38:05 ddns update: asusddns_update: 2

anyone got a clue at that ^A?
the ip 103.10.4.108 is down

to all here i did get dnsomatic a try its a service that lets you get like opendns or dynu.com to work on ur router or other services it has allot of them.

info you need hostname
all.dnsomatic.com
user: the user on dnsomatic
password the password on dnsomatic

then on dnsomatic you just add a service add the login info and the url you created on that site and it will update when ur routers ip update

WAN IP and hostname verification i have turned on for safety.

happy configureing all :)

Last edited:
Seems it has down for everyone.

I don't think it was caused by upgrades, I don't see any of offical notifications.

I choose asus ddns because I thought it is the own service of asus which is a middle-high end IT brand, they will always have a fast-response supporting team and keep it running more solid than other ddns providers.

Now I've learnt my lesson.

Seems it has down for everyone.

I don't think it was caused by upgrades, I don't see any of offical notifications.

I choose asus ddns because I thought it is the own service of asus which is a middle-high end IT brand, they will always have a fast-response supporting team and keep it running more solid than other ddns providers.

Now I've learnt my lesson.

'Down for everyone' does seem to indicate upgrades or at least fixes in the Asus pipeline. Asus and many other companies do not notify consumer customers of their internal workings. ;)

This is also a free service provided with an Asus router. Other DDNS providers charge for the same thing.

The lesson here is that 'free' works both ways. The responsibilities and expectations of the consumer are close to nil by using a 'free' service but, so is the opposite. The responsibilities of the provider is effectively zero too, except for how much they value customer good will (if at all). Asus doesn't owe you or I anything when we use their free services. They can do as they like (to keep it free) or cancel it completely with no repercussions either.

I too won't be happy with such a decision (if they did decide to stop a service like that suddenly and/or unexpectedly). But there is no recourse except start paying for another DDNS provider.

Google, Microsoft, Apple and all major companies have and will continue to do the same in the past and the foreseeable future. The lesson that I learnt is to 'enjoy the free offers while they last'. Depend on them? That I do at my own risk and blaming anyone else is a fruitless endeavor.

'Down for everyone' does seem to indicate upgrades or at least fixes in the Asus pipeline. Asus and many other companies do not notify consumer customers of their internal workings. ;)

This is also a free service provided with an Asus router. Other DDNS providers charge for the same thing.

The lesson here is that 'free' works both ways. The responsibilities and expectations of the consumer are close to nil by using a 'free' service but, so is the opposite. The responsibilities of the provider is effectively zero too, except for how much they value customer good will (if at all). Asus doesn't owe you or I anything when we use their free services. They can do as they like (to keep it free) or cancel it completely with no repercussions either.

I too won't be happy with such a decision (if they did decide to stop a service like that suddenly and/or unexpectedly). But there is no recourse except start paying for another DDNS provider.

Google, Microsoft, Apple and all major companies have and will continue to do the same in the past and the foreseeable future. The lesson that I learnt is to 'enjoy the free offers while they last'. Depend on them? That I do at my own risk and blaming anyone else is a fruitless endeavor.

Sorry, I thought it may comes with the price I bought it and I'm not using it for free before.

I apologize for that.

I'm not intentional to be too greedy and acting so bad on table manner especially on free meals.

Sorry, I thought it may comes with the price I bought it and I'm not using it for free before.

I apologize for that.

I'm not intentional to be too greedy and acting so bad on table manner especially on free meals.

No need to apologize. :)

As long as we can understand the full story, I think we can better appreciate the 'extras' that certain companies do for their customers.

Some may still think that it is built into the price. But there are many other benefits of owning an Asus router that outweigh even the few negatives about them. Compared to other consumer router manufacturers, Asus is head and shoulders above them when all important areas are equally compared and weighed.