What's new

asuscomm.com DDNS down?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Since midnight, everything seem to be back normal. I was on the 8.8.8.8 DNS, and now testing with my isp DNS.

It has been down all day today

As a work-around so my ASUS VPN Client can connect to my DDNS ASUS VPN Server during this outage, I added my server address to the client /etc/hosts file.

Last edited:
and folks wonder about the cloud - actually, this isn't cloud, it's an application service that is down...

and folks wonder about the cloud - actually, this isn't cloud, it's an application service that is down...

No, this is the cloud. Relying on a third party for something you need or want but have no control over. ;)

Is this still an issue chaps?
I recently swapped out an AC-3200 which was working fine with Asus DDNS to an AC-88U - set it up in exactly the same manner but I keep getting the following error:

The wireless router currently uses a private WAN IP address.

This router may be in the multiple-NAT environment and DDNS service cannot work in this environment.

Can anyone recommend a solution pretty please? - I'm using a Virgin Media SuperHub2 set to modem mode (which I havn't touched the config on) and it was all working fine with the AC-3200. Just doesn't want to work with the AC-88U :(

Tried latest firmware and that still exhibits the same issue.

EDIT: nvm - resolved it by using a completely different domain name. Wierd how it says theres a NAT error when I try to use the same name as before though! - ah well, sorted for now :)

Last edited: