What's new

Asustor AS1002T RAID-0 using unmatched drives?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

f2racer

New Around Here
Oops, I messed up on the RAID level I wanted to ask about. My plan is to setup this NAS RAID-1, not RAID-0, per the subject of this thread. Does that make a difference?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Highly not recommended.

(The hardware/software may allow it, but that doesn't mean you should).

I just bought one (arriving next week). Does anyone know if this NAS can be setup RAID-0 with unmatched drives?

Thanks in advance.
I use 2 drives but not RAID, but rather two volumes, one per drive. The NAS backup software copies selected folders from the main volume to the secondary. All the shares are on the main. Two different file systems. I feel that RAID any on a small NAS is high risk, since there is only ONE file system and if it gets hosed due to human error, malware, power glitch, mainboard fault, etc. You have no backup. RAID0 is the worst risk.

As well, be sure to have a USB3 drive to backup the NAS, or VIP folders. If for no other reason that theft.