What's new

ASUSTOR Releases ADM 2.6 Beta

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

thiggins

Mr. Easy
Staff member
ASUSTOR Inc. announced the release of the ASUSTOR Data Master (ADM) 2.6 beta version for all ASUSTOR NAS users.

Enhancements in the newest version of ADM include updates to ADM’s GNU C library and Linux kernel, which provide additional flexibilityand compatibility for Apps along with increased system stability, performance and security. Additionally, the hardware accelerated Web browser, Chromium, has also been integrated into ASUSTOR Portal*, enhancing users’ experience when streaming 1080p videos from YouTube.

Full press release.

Link to 2.6 Beta download

And for those not into the beta thing, they issued 2.5.4 last week, with a few minor fixes. Unfortunately they once again broke Night Mode for me :(

And for those not into the beta thing, they issued 2.5.4 last week, with a few minor fixes. Unfortunately they once again broke Night Mode for me :(

What model you are using? Maybe you have other services enable cause hang? I got AS-602T hang because Twonky occupied high CPU resources. Solved after removed it.

What model you are using? Maybe you have other services enable cause hang? I got AS-602T hang because Twonky occupied high CPU resources. Solved after removed it.

AS-5004T. The problem first happened when I moved to 2.5.0, at the time Asustor had an engineer remotely access my NAS to clear up the cron configuration (based on the shell history that's the only thing he did over SSH) - and in the end it suddenly started working again after another reboot that I did following his intervention.

However this time I think I got a better idea as to the actual problem. If I reboot the NAS while it's in the middle of Night Mode, then it gets "out of sync", and will no longer enable/disable night mode as per the schedule. Yesterday morning I rebooted my NAS in the morning, outside of the Night Mode period, and last night it properly turned into Night Mode at 7pm.

One possible explanation is that at boot time, night mode isn't reapplied if within the night schedule. So when comes the morning, it turns back on the LEDs which were already on, and this breaks night mode. At least the fix look simple enough now.

is night mode the same as scheduled sleep?
My Synology is setup to normally go to sleep at about 1AM and wakeup at 7AM.
A complaint I have is that it will go to sleep in the middle of a backup that I scheduled, and when that does it's weekly full backup rather than a daily incremental, it can run to 1AM. And the sleep begins oblivious to the backup schedule.
So I have to set the schedule for backups' longest likely run time. I'd prefer a complicated to implement scheduler that knows when it's too soon for lights out.

(I'm not using sleep these months because people I work with are in a time zone 12 hours away from mine.)

is night mode the same as scheduled sleep?

No, night mode is only for the LEDs. It allows you to setup a schedule during which all LEDs are turned off. Since I keep my NAS in the living room, I prefer these to be turned off during the evening.

Sleep mode has its own share of (separate) issues, and I've given up troubleshooting it. Sleep mode might be useful for a business that has very set business hours, but not so much at home where my bed time can vary greatly between days, and I don't leave home 2 days out of 7 :)

No, night mode is only for the LEDs. It allows you to setup a schedule during which all LEDs are turned off. Since I keep my NAS in the living room, I prefer these to be turned off during the evening.

Sleep mode has its own share of (separate) issues, and I've given up troubleshooting it. Sleep mode might be useful for a business that has very set business hours, but not so much at home where my bed time can vary greatly between days, and I don't leave home 2 days out of 7 :)

QNAP can adjust the levels... similar to what RMerlin says Asustor does (it's not a boolean on/off, but can tweak the brightness level)...

At least most of the NAS vendors don't use Blue LED's, which are horrible at night - most follow the Orange (OK), Green (Good), and Red (Warning) schema...

QNAP can adjust the levels... similar to what RMerlin says Asustor does (it's not a boolean on/off, but can tweak the brightness level)...

At least most of the NAS vendors don't use Blue LED's, which are horrible at night - most follow the Orange (OK), Green (Good), and Red (Warning) schema...

Asustor does both (on/off, and adjustable intensity).

They use the two worst colors: bright blue and bright green. Makes them hard to miss, especially the large one :)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!