What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 3.0.0.4.266.23b is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

RMerlin

Asuswrt-Merlin dev
Howdy folks,

Build 266.23b was published to Mediafire. This is essentially a maintenance release, fixing a couple of issues. Most notable:

JFFS formatting now works properly on the RT-AC66U. The mtd-erase function will now properly handle bad blocks instead of failing once it encounters one.

Per Device traffic monitoring would randomly stop working. Looks like the Netfilter traffic accounting module is not compatible with HW acceleration (aka CTF). CTF would frequently start bypassing the accounting rules, so no traffic was getting tracked. Now, enabling Per Device traffic monitoring will also disable HW acceleration. Sorry, there is no way around this, CTF is closed source.

As usual, see the changelog for the details.

Last edited:
Howdy folks,

Build 266.23 was published to Mediafire. This is essentially a maintenance release, fixing a couple of issues. Most notable:

JFFS formatting now works properly on the RT-AC66U. The mtd-erase function will now properly handle bad blocks instead of failing once it encounters one.

Per Device traffic monitoring would randomly stop working. Looks like the Netfilter traffic accounting module is not compatible with HW acceleration (aka CTF). CTF would frequently start bypassing the accounting rules, so no traffic was getting tracked. Now, enabling Per Device traffic monitoring will also disable HW acceleration. Sorry, there is no way around this, CTF is closed source.

As usual, see the changelog for the details.

Interesting, I just downloaded this, and noticed that all the firmware versions there say "0 downloads". Just a detail, maybe I'm interpreting that wrong, but it would be nice to have that be the actual number of downloads...Maybe only the owner sees the real number of downloads?

Howdy folks,

To bad. I need the CTF for my connection. Without is the max throughput 120 Mbit/s, that's not enough for the 200 Mbit, I'm hosting a website and it needs the complete bandwith. Is it automatically disabled when you enable Per Device?

Thanks for the new build!

Interesting, I just downloaded this, and noticed that all the firmware versions there say "0 downloads". Just a detail, maybe I'm interpreting that wrong, but it would be nice to have that be the actual number of downloads...Maybe only the owner sees the real number of downloads?

Mediafire doesn't update the public download counter in realtime.

Thanks for all the work you do on these "custom" firmwares.

Just installed it and will be playing with it the next few days.

Currently my experience is Toastman's latest has some speed issues with the wireless channels over time. The longer the router is up, the more the wireless channels have issues. Maybe some kind of memory leak? When I reboot the router the wireless speed and connectivity is back to normal. In a day or so its back to slow and intermittent stalls.

Merlin's does not suffer from this anomaly. For me Merlin's keeps my 2.4 and 5 ghz wireless devices happy.

If you use Firefox and go to the page Traffic monitor under Per device the words Real-time, Daily and Monthly are not visible anymore in this version.

If you use Firefox and go to the page Traffic monitor under Per device the words Real-time, Daily and Monthly are not visible anymore in this version.

So the fix for IE broke it for Firefox. And all this time Chrome has no issue with either ways of displaying it. Swell. <sigh>

I'm looking right at them in Firefox 17.01....

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 644
Here's another with Firefox "About" screen as well.

I'm sure it isn't working for you. As far as I can tell it is on my system.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 546
I'll rebuild all main firmwares with a different ways to build the dropdown that should work fine with IE, Chrome and Firefox (at least it does for me). Removing the current builds for the time being, new ones should be up within the next hour.

Here's another with Firefox "About" screen as well.

I'm sure it isn't working for you. As far as I can tell it is on my system.

He's referring to Per Device monitoring, which you don't have enabled based on your screenshot.

I can also reproduce the issue here with Firefox 16.

So the fix for IE broke it for Firefox. And all this time Chrome has no issue with either ways of displaying it. Swell. <sigh>

Happy that it works with Chrome and IE, good enough for me *smile*.

I assume 220 wireless driver is on this firmware? Did not see it mentioned in the readme file?

Asus hasn't released any fixed driver yet, so no change there.