What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 378.52 is available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Not sure if this has been mentioned but is there a reason Beamforming is disabled by default? I've flushed the NVRAM and beamforming is disabled on both 2ghz and 5ghz in the professional tab. Would it hurt to turn it back on? Didn't get this issue on the release I was on before, which I think was 378.50.

Edit: I'm on an 87u

I had already fixed it in a past version by making the value either 253 or calculated from the network mask, using whichever was the lowest value. Asus recently fixed it on their end by simply removing the settings, so I went with their fix for the sake of consistency.

Yes I kind of figured that Asus abandoned the stetting. Too many complaints very little benefit

This is usually caused by LastPass, which messes the CSS. Disable the Lastpass feature that inserts a symbol in the fields (I forgot the exact name of that setting, but it's configurable).

It was LastPass, I disabled it and tested again and the field style stayed normal.

hi all,

I am using AC56U. I did a factory reset after the upgrade to 378.52. After a couple of hours, the router would stop working i.e. I would lose internet connections for all devices. I had to do a manual reboot.

Any ideas? Thanks

The web UI seems to be really slow occasionally. It sometimes takes 30 seconds to load a page. When I check the CPU usage through SSH the httpd process has 70 to 90% CPU usage when that happens. This is with HTTPS enabled.

EDIT: this is on a AC66U.

Last edited:
No, question about Asus too. Channel 149 >>> not see. Other channel >> OK. Just wanna findout the problem is my Note or my AC87R.
That's not what you said. You said you couldn't see the "upper band" implying that all of the upper band channels were inaccessible after flashing your Note 4.

Is that the only 5ghz device you own? If not, then check using another 5ghz client device to see if your router is actually transmitting on both upper and lower bands.

Again, I'm betting that if this occurred after you updated the ROM on the Note 4 that it has absolutely nothing to do with what channels your router is broadcasting.

The web UI seems to be really slow occasionally. It sometimes takes 30 seconds to load a page. When I check the CPU usage through SSH the httpd process has 70 to 90% CPU usage when that happens. This is with HTTPS enabled.

EDIT: this is on a AC66U.

Whitelist your router's IP in your Eset security suite.

Hi,

Finally I had some spare time this morning to upgrade my RT-AC87R router to this firmware from 378_52...(thank you for all your hard work Merlin!) it all seems to be working well but for some reason I can't enable IEEE 802.11h support setting under Wireless Professional -> 5 GHz band... any ideas?

Cheers,

Dragster

EDIT: I reseted the router to factory defaults and configured manually from scratch after upgrading the firmware.

Reactions: TSE
hi all,

I am using AC56U. I did a factory reset after the upgrade to 378.52. After a couple of hours, the router would stop working i.e. I would lose internet connections for all devices. I had to do a manual reboot.

Any ideas? Thanks
ditto,

im using a n66u with a PoPPE connection with BT to an openreach modem. I have had to reboot manually twice in 48hours. i have never had this problem with other merlin FW. It was reporting that i had an active connection on the web interface but nothing would connect to the WAN.

This is really minor problem, but i want to show it.
Show "-3" in wired, probably already known

2zz21k9.jpg

I'm on Firmware:378.52_2 , Traffic monitoring is acting very weird since the beginning, the Global real time and last 24 hours are ok, but the daily and monthly are all zeros, never worked for me.
The per IP is all ok. any clues?

Last edited:
I'm on Firmware:378.52_2 , Traffic monitoring is acting very weird since the beginning, the Global real time and last 24 hours are ok, but the daily and monthly are all zeros, never worked for me.
The per IP is all ok. any clues?

I have had the same problem on my 87U since the 378 version was introduced. Dailies show as 0.00GB or sometimes 0.01 or 0.02GB.

Normal.When devices are offline, they are showed OFFLINE in the Wired tab,even if they are Wireless

I think the issue is that the Wired tab is showing the number of devices as "-3". Shouldn't have a negative count of devices connected. (Is one offline + one online = -1 + 1 = 0?)

Hi,

Finally I had some spare time this morning to upgrade my RT-AC87R router to this firmware from 378_52...(thank you for all your hard work Merlin!) it all seems to be working well but for some reason I can't enable IEEE 802.11h support setting under Wireless Professional -> 5 GHz band... any ideas?

Cheers,

Dragster

EDIT: I reseted the router to factory defaults and configured manually from scratch after upgrading the firmware.

Anyone? Thanks!!