What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 378.52 is available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Not the complete URLs, only the hostname visited. This is what the Web History page will show you.
Well :) I was suspecting there was something I was missing.
This is where it get embarrassing for me : how do you get the "Web History" tab appear? I have only "QoS" and "Traffic Monitor" in the Traffic Manager section.
I am running 378.52_2 on RT-AC66U
Thanks again

Not sure if this has been brought up previously, and it is a minor detail: Under the "Online" tab in "Client status" box under list of Clients, static IP clients show up as "DHCP" rather than "Static". DHCP IPs manually assigned under LAN correctly show up as "Manual".

Hi Merlin

Is there any chance that the AC66U can have a DSL stats log like the DSL AC68U please (I think the AC68U has this too for reading stats for fibre lines)?

f6EHGpv.png

Thank You

Hi Merlin

Is there any chance that the AC66U can have a DSL stats log like the DSL AC68U please (I think the AC68U has this too for reading stats for fibre lines)?

There's no DSL modem in the RT-AC68U, therefore there is no stats for it to show. The DSL-AC68U has a built-in DSL modem.

Well :) I was suspecting there was something I was missing.
This is where it get embarrassing for me : how do you get the "Web History" tab appear? I have only "QoS" and "Traffic Monitor" in the Traffic Manager section.
I am running 378.52_2 on RT-AC66U
Thanks again

Web History is a feature of the Trend Micro DPI engine, and is therefore only available on the AC56/AC68/AC87/AC3200.

Asuswrt-Merlin 378.52 is now available for all supported models.

UPDATE: 378.52_2 is now available, resolving the following issues:

Hello Merlin,

I am new to Merlin's Firmware because I bought an ASUS RT-AC66U recently to replace my old, slow! but functional Linksys WRT54GS v4.

After playing around a lot with both the original firmware and various versions of your work, I installed the latest Firmware 378.52_2.

So far everything is working fine, however, I found two things:

1. Possibly a minor (cosmetic?) glitch: in the main screen (Network Map) the registered DDNS domain-name is no longer showed with the Internet Status.
In previous versions it did show the registered name (I used the ASUS way XXXXXXXX.asuscomm.com), but now it just shows "GO" like when it is not yet registered.
The registration DOES work however, it seems just a visual thing.
I use the DDNS in combination with DHCP reservation and port-forwarding to access our webcam remotely: http://macisvenda.asuscomm.com:8899/snapshot.cgi?user=visitor&pwd=visitor

2. I use a (Chinese) Pipo M6 Pro running KitKat 4.4.2. This Android device had a perfect 2.4Ghz 54Gb connection when I used my old Linksys WRT54G.
But now, using the 2.4Ghz network set to everything AUTO it does connect , but after a short (random) time, it no longer will open webpages, a generic Time-Out message is shown in the browser. (I tested with Chrome, Firefox, Stock, ..)

Funny thing: if I run a 'Ping' to the same website, the ping will continue to run without any delay or dropout?
Any of my other devices does work perfect when I connect them to the 2.4GHz wifi.
I was thinking of a DNS fault, (or even EDNS) , I tried many different DNS-servers (my ISP, Google, etc)
Now I think it has to do with the Wifi getting "out-of-sync", it just will not work at higher speeds. (N-speeds are out of the question)

My workaround for now is to set the 2.4GHz to 'Legacy at 20MHz', this way this tablet seems to be able to maintain a functional web-browser.
My other devices use mainly the 5Ghz, or a wired connection.

However, I think this maybe an ASUS thing, because the exact same behavior is shown with different versions of the Stock ASUS firmware.

Thanks for you work,

Un saludo from Spain,

Satbeginner

Last edited:
1. Possibly a minor (cosmetic?) glitch: in the main screen (Network Map) the registered DDNS domain-name is no longer showed with the Internet Status.
In previous versions it did show the registered name (I used the ASUS way XXXXXXXX.asuscomm.com), but now it just shows "GO" like when it is not yet registered.
The registration DOES work however, it seems just a visual thing.
I use the DDNS in combination with DHCP reservation and port-forwarding to access our webcam remotely:

No problem with the display for me. Double check that your DDNS is properly configured on the DDNS page. It might still work simply because the last registration hasn't expired from the nameservers yet.

2. I use a (Chinese) Pipo M6 Pro running KitKat 4.4.2. This Android device had a perfect 2.4Ghz 54Gb connection when I used my old Linksys WRT54G.
But now, using the 2.4Ghz network set to everything AUTO it does connect , but after a short (random) time, it no longer will open webpages, a generic Time-Out message is shown in the browser. (I tested with Chrome, Firefox, Stock, ..)

First, make sure that you aren't reusing your old wireless profile from the WRT54G. Either switch to a new SSID, or remove and recreate the wireless connection on the device.

On the router's Wireless -> Professional Page, disable Beamforming in case your device might be having issues with it.

Otherwise, check the lengthy wireless troubleshooting post that I made here.

I have my router at 1200/800MHz and it is showing up in my sysinfo page. Try flushing your browsing cache or use a different browser.
Hi. I saw in your signature that you have 3.0.0.4.378_5134. Where can I download that firmware? Because the latest is 4950?

No problem with the display for me. Double check that your DDNS is properly configured on the DDNS page. It might still work simply because the last registration hasn't expired from the nameservers yet.

First, make sure that you aren't reusing your old wireless profile from the WRT54G. Either switch to a new SSID, or remove and recreate the wireless connection on the device.

On the router's Wireless -> Professional

On the router's Wireless -> Professional Page, disable Beamforming in case your device might be having issues with it.

Otherwise, check the lengthy wireless troubleshooting post that I made here.

Hello Merlin,

Thanks for your swift response!
The DDNS not showing? My bad, after clearing the browser (Firefox on Win8) is does work perfect. Sorry for my hasty message.

Wifi stuff: I configured the AC66U with all new SSID's to avoid mixup's. I flashed the tablet with the last update, and started from scratch, so no old stuff there.

Question: Where do I look for the Beamforming setting? Is this accessible from the gui, or is it commandline based?

Un saludo,

Satbeginner

Your attached screenshot is very low-res and blurry. Can you upload a better one?

That option is not on the AC66 correct?

That option is not on the AC66 correct?

That's correct. Beamforming was only added with the RT-AC68U (I thought they might have added it retroactively, looks like they didn't).

That's correct. Beamforming was only added with the RT-AC68U (I thought they might have added it retroactively, looks like they didn't).

Ok, I looked it up at the Asus site, they do make things confusing:

In the AC68U specs they talk about:
"ASUS AiRadar intelligently strengthens wireless connectivity using beamforming technology"

And with the AC66U the specs say:
"ASUS AiRadar intelligently strengthens connections to wireless devices. With high-powered amplification and beam packaging, it provides optimized signals in any direction with better coverage to improve your data throughput."

Anyway, the settings are not in the AC66U, so there may be a Wifi problem with certain wifi devices. Especially because I tested thoroughly with the Asus firmwares too.
The latest I tested was the 4850 release.

The coming days I will try the newest beta with this Pipo tablet.

Thanks all for your input and help.

Un saludo,

Satbeginner

Ok, I looked it up at the Asus site, they do make things confusing:

In the AC68U specs they talk about:
"ASUS AiRadar intelligently strengthens wireless connectivity using beamforming technology"

And with the AC66U the specs say:
"ASUS AiRadar intelligently strengthens connections to wireless devices. With high-powered amplification and beam packaging, it provides optimized signals in any direction with better coverage to improve your data throughput."

Anyway, the settings are not in the AC66U, so there may be a Wifi problem with certain wifi devices. Especially because I tested thoroughly with the Asus firmwares too.
The latest I tested was the 4850 release.

The coming days I will try the newest beta with this Pipo tablet.

Thanks all for your input and help.

Un saludo,

Satbeginner
Yeah that sorta indicates it DOES have beamforming but past threads (2013) indicate they would be adding it to the AC66 soon. Apparently they decided not to or its on and no setting to enable/disable. Maybe that wording is meant to make folks THINK it has it but technically it doesn't. "Any direction" and "Beam packaging" are the key words here. The rest of their line uses beamforming in the descriptions. So we were hoodoo'ed I guess :)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!