What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin and IPTV

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Mark Eagles

Occasional Visitor
Hi
I know this has been asked many times before but im having problems with UK BT TV(Plusnet). On Asus stock firmware all i have to change Enable VPN + DHCP Connection to "No" and on the LAN IPTV page Select ISP profile = None , Choose IPTV SBT Port = None , Use DHCP routes = Microsoft , Enable multicast routing (IGMP Proxy) = Enable , Enable efficient multicast forwarding (IGMP Snooping) = Enable and UDP Proxy (Udpxy) = 0 and everything works fine all IPTV channels On demand , NowTV annd Netflix too , if i use the same settings on Merlin nothing works , is this feature broken? or am i missing something on the Merlin builds ?

Hope someone can help

Mark

Someone on a different thread in this forum reported that IGMP Proxy was broken on Merlin 378.53
As a result I downgraded my RT-AC87U before I received my Plusnet TV box to version 378.52_2 and it works OK on this version with the settings you have listed.
What version of stock ASUS did you test and have working ?
I have been wondering if any of the latest beta release for the 87U have fixed this issue but may wait
until merlin releases 378.54 before I test anything.

Didnt even put my router model down , ok RT-N66U 3.0.0.4.378_4850 this beta IPTV works fine. Ill try 378.52_2 see if this works , is it better to factory reset on switch to merlin i have read it does not matter but is it worth?

Didnt even put my router model down , ok RT-N66U 3.0.0.4.378_4850 this beta IPTV works fine. Ill try 378.52_2 see if this works , is it better to factory reset on switch to merlin i have read it does not matter but is it worth?

I may be wrong but I think Merlin 378.53 has some code from a later ASUS build than 4850 and 378.52_2 is 4850 level so that may indicate when ASUS broke the function.
Yes you should do a factory reset/load defaults after switch to Merlin and re-enter you configuration by hand.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!