What's new

Ax58u - can’t get the full potential

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

TheDRiveR

New Around Here
Hey, I own an asus rt-ax58u and I have a gigabit connection speed from my isp.
When connected with Ethernet I get 950/110 speeds

when connected with WiFi (iPhone 12 pro/MacBook pro m1) standing near the router I only get 650/110 speeds max.

is there any settings or way to improve my WiFi speeds? I saw people getting with the same router speeds of 900+
Thank you guys!

650 Mbps is about what could be expected from a mobile device with two streams and 80 MHz channel width. My laptop can reach about 700-750 Mbps with 80 MHz channels on an RT-AX88U.

You won't get anywhere close to 900 Mbps unless you were able to use 160 MHz channel width.

650 Mbps is about what could be expected from a mobile device with two streams and 80 MHz channel width. My laptop can reach about 700-750 Mbps with 80 MHz channels on an RT-AX88U.

You won't get anywhere close to 900 Mbps unless you were able to use 160 MHz channel width.
Thank you for your reply.
Which devices has 160mhz support?
is it possible that even the newest MacBook Pro doesn’t have support for 160mhz?

Thank you for your reply.
Which devices has 160mhz support?
is it possible that even the newest MacBook Pro doesn’t have support for 160mhz?
160 MHz requires the use of DFS channels, and also clear channels to prevent downgrading down to 80 MHz if there is too much interference. In general it's not worth the trouble for the extra 150-250 Mbps it might give you, as the price to pay is stability. At any time you might also get bumped off your channel if there is any radar activity detected.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!