What's new

AX58U USB Settings: 3.0 or 2.0?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

John Fitzgerald

Very Senior Member
In the past USB 2.0 was recommended for stability and not interfering with 2.4G bandwidth.

In the new AX line, where USB 3.0 is native, is this still a consideration?

Which USB should be selected, 2.0 or 3.0?

I think that's a question that people can only answer from themselves.

If you're not using a USB 3 device the question is irrelevant. If you do have a USB 3 device whether or not your device, connected with your USB cable, placed in your location interferes with your devices only you can know.

I think that's a question that people can only answer from themselves.

If you're not using a USB 3 device the question is irrelevant. If you do have a USB 3 device whether or not your device, connected with your USB cable, placed in your location interferes with your devices only you can know.

I agree with this. Moreover I can state that the secret to avoid interferences is a well shielded, high quality USB cable. I once had to do many tests until finding a suitable one, which for high intensive disk usage throughput does make a difference. There is no magic recipe other than testing... fortunately when there is interference it can be quite easily spotted since 2.4 wifi becomes highly unstable or slow.

I got a Brother Laser USB printer that I'm using with this router. It would not work at all if the port was set to 3.0. The moment I changed it to 2.0, it started working like a charm.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!