What's new

AX88U 386.2_4 Wifi 5ghz

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Sptz

Regular Contributor
Hi all,

I've just upgraded to the latest firmware and it went fine, rebooted pretty quickly etc but now 5Ghz Wifi isn't using 160mhz like it was before, before it was 100% up at 160mhz at all times, in the wireless log it shows this:
Screenshot_2.png

I have 2 devices that are 160mhz capable that are connected to 80Mhz as you can see. Also, before upgrading the Channel cleared for radar showed 100/160

Anything I can do? Or would the router automatically switch to it when it's "possible"?

Wifi settings:

Screenshot_3.png

Hi,

I'm not crazy, I have exactly the same problem as you. The same parameters as are checked. It will switch to 160mhz, then after a few days, it goes back to 100/80.

I unchecked the DFS channels, I switched to 36/80 (automatic choice), while 160mhz was still checked and selected in the wifi settings.

Currently I switched to 112/160 (I am in automatic) AND the DFS channels are unchecked ...

I have already done a complete reset (nuclear reset) but still the same problem.

Capture d’écran 2021-05-07 à 13.45.07.png

Capture d’écran 2021-05-07 à 13.45.30.png

@Sptz and @TF1470 try this workaround. :)

160 MHz requires a large chunk of channel bandwidth to be free of interference, and it MUST overlap with DFS channels. That makes it difficult to get stable 160 MHz in many areas. Nothing wrong there, it's just the way DFS and 160 MHz channels are.

Not sure why but down grading firmware from 386. to 384.19 fixed the same issues for me. I can now use control channel 36 and 160HHz without the router changing the channel and or speed back to 80MHz.