What's new

AX92U randomly drops connection

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

rcoo

New Around Here
Hi everyone,

I recently got a new Asus AX92U.
It is connected to a Fritzbox router, which doesn't establish an internet connection but allows the Asus Router to do so.
There are no error logs on the Fritzbox.
The Asus router, however, every once in a while, loses all connection. All network cables report as down, wifi goes off and it takes around 15 seconds for all to be back up online. A new connection is established as my public IP changes every time this behaviour occurs.
I'm attaching some logs here. As far as I can see the crash occurs today at around 15:45, at which point the router restart and starts logging with a wrong date until the NTP service is back up - but beyond this I cannot recognise the origin of the problem.
Anyone could assist me here? Loving the router despite all of this, would hate to send it back.

Cheers

Attachments

• syslog.txt
    405.6 KB · Views: 139
Hi,

I've recently set up 2x RT-AX92U wireless AiMesh, and I have the same problem.
Router seemes to reboot and units are disconected for ~15-20 seconds. Happends everyday. Max uptime is about 24 hours, mostly less.

Also happy to receive suggestions on what I can try for a solution to find the problem.

Tried reset, latest firmware 3.0.0.4.386.41535 (and the FW before).

Hi,

I've recently set up 2x RT-AX92U wireless AiMesh, and I have the same problem.
Router seemes to reboot and units are disconected for ~15-20 seconds. Happends everyday. Max uptime is about 24 hours, mostly less.

Also happy to receive suggestions on what I can try for a solution to find the problem.

Tried reset, latest firmware 3.0.0.4.386.41535 (and the FW before).

I've disabled all AI stuff and, for now, removed my USB external drive. Let's see how it behaves the following day.

I downgraded yesterday to version 3.0.0.4.384.9177. 13 hours so far, everything works fine.
I believe AiMesh works better with this firmware too, with standard settings.

I had problem with dropped connection with 3.0.0.4_386_40451-g30f1b6c as well.

I downgraded yesterday to version 3.0.0.4.384.9177. 13 hours so far, everything works fine.

In case it wasn't noticed before slowdown problems related to the latest firmware update for the AX92U is also mentioned in another thread here.

In case it wasn't noticed before slowdown problems related to the latest firmware update for the AX92U is also mentioned in another thread here.

Thanks, but my problem was not slowdowns, completely dropped connection/reboot. But I have seen there has been a lot of struggle with latest FW.

Thanks, but my problem was not slowdowns, completely dropped connection/reboot. But I have seen there has been a lot of struggle with latest FW.
Yes... although you are experiencing different symptoms they could be manifesting from the same FW bugs. The point being that the solution is to downgrade or wait for another version to be released... hopefully sooner rather than later.

Upgrading to the latest firmware caused this issue for me.
Hi everyone,

I recently got a new Asus AX92U.
It is connected to a Fritzbox router, which doesn't establish an internet connection but allows the Asus Router to do so.
There are no error logs on the Fritzbox.
The Asus router, however, every once in a while, loses all connection. All network cables report as down, wifi goes off and it takes around 15 seconds for all to be back up online. A new connection is established as my public IP changes every time this behaviour occurs.
I'm attaching some logs here. As far as I can see the crash occurs today at around 15:45, at which point the router restart and starts logging with a wrong date until the NTP service is back up - but beyond this I cannot recognise the origin of the problem.
Anyone could assist me here? Loving the router despite all of this, would hate to send it back.

Cheers

There is a bug with this firmware (lots of other threads about it).

Downgrade to the previous iteration of the firmware, perform a hard factory reset (WPS button) and it should be back to normal.

Last edited:
USB attached 'network' drives. The bane of stable networks everywhere.

After disconnecting my usb external drive, no more random reboots it seems.

If you want network storage, get a separate NAS drive that connects to your router via ethernet. WD do cheap drives called MyCloud.

Last edited:
I'm having this exact same issue as well and I don't have any external devices connected to the router. I can try the downgrade route, but I'm wondering what other problems will crop up due to the older firmware. I had a ton of issues with my wireless backhaul that I hope don't come back with the old.

I've had no issues with wireless backhaul on 384. However, web browsing definitely feels a bit slower. Sites that would load instantaneously on my connection now take a few seconds.

How are you getting on with 384, what's your total uptime now?

How are you getting on with 384, what's your total uptime now?

I've got a reboot yesterday after approx 5 days uptime. New record for my new setup. Not good, but better than any 386 FW I have tested, there was reboots a few times a day.

I've got a reboot yesterday after approx 5 days uptime. New record for my new setup. Not good, but better than any 386 FW I have tested, there was reboots a few times a day.

I'm up to 4 days. I'm going to see how long it lasts and then setup scheduled reboots.

I rolled back to 394 as well and it appears to have fixed the problem. I had numerous problems with wireless connectivity on 386 including dropouts and some devices not able to connect at all (Sonos). The 386 firmware appears to be very unstable. Rolling back to 384 immediately helped with device connectivity and I'll see if it helps with reboots etc.

I rolled back to 394 as well and it appears to have fixed the problem. I had numerous problems with wireless connectivity on 386 including dropouts and some devices not able to connect at all (Sonos). The 386 firmware appears to be very unstable. Rolling back to 384 immediately helped with device connectivity and I'll see if it helps with reboots etc.

Have you been suffering from slower browsing speeds? Not speed tests but actual browsing websites.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!