What's new

BACKUPMON BACKUPMON v1.5.10 -Mar 1, 2024- Backup/Restore your Router: JFFS + NVRAM + External USB Drive! (**Thread closed due to age**)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I updated the script to 1.5.10 and started seeing this kernel log whenever I open the backupmon config menu:

Code:
RT-AX88U-4533 kernel: ubi0 error: ubi_open_volume: cannot open device 0, volume 0, error -16

and found that the new blkidLabels statement (line 1759) is the culprit. It's returning the USB drive label correctly so probably okay to ignore though.

@Viktor Jaep did you notice anything during PR?

Code:
xxx@RT-AX88U-4533:/tmp/home/root# blkid
/dev/sda1: LABEL="MERLIN-SSD" UUID="662fe021-75bf-fds1-8ebc-6dec1f4ddedf"
xxx@RT-AX88U-4533:/tmp/home/root# blkid | grep "^/dev/sd.*: LABEL=" | sort -dt ':' -k 1 | awk -F
' ' '{print $2}' | awk -F '"' '{print $2}'
MERLIN-SSD
I confirmed I'm seeing the same thing, thought it doesn't seem to be hurting anything... thanks for letting me know. Looking into this now...

I'm also seeing that exact same error in the system logs, yet the job completes. No error in the BACKUPMON logs and the usb backup exists.

I updated the script to 1.5.10 and started seeing this kernel log whenever I open the backupmon config menu:

Code:
RT-AX88U-4533 kernel: ubi0 error: ubi_open_volume: cannot open device 0, volume 0, error -16

and found that the new blkidLabels statement (line 1759) is the culprit. It's returning the USB drive label correctly so probably okay to ignore though.

@Viktor Jaep did you notice anything during PR?

Code:
xxx@RT-AX88U-4533:/tmp/home/root# blkid
/dev/sda1: LABEL="MERLIN-SSD" UUID="662fe021-75bf-fds1-8ebc-6dec1f4ddedf"
xxx@RT-AX88U-4533:/tmp/home/root# blkid | grep "^/dev/sd.*: LABEL=" | sort -dt ':' -k 1 | awk -F
' ' '{print $2}' | awk -F '"' '{print $2}'
MERLIN-SSD
Yeah, I get that error message in the syslog every time I run the ''blkid" command just by itself on the SSH terminal window. So far the "error" seems harmless because the command runs just fine and you get the desired output. IOW, the error message comes from the blkid command, regardless of where & how it's being executed.

Hi @Viktor Jaep , this may have been mentioned before and it might be just my router but I just noticed that after running a full restore after a hard reset, the Destination is not reset in Backupmon itself, it reverts to \\\\192.168.50.25\\Backups. Other than Destination I used the default settings under sc, so I don't know if they are kept. It is probably worth adding a note to instructions.txt to advise that, following a factory reset and restore you will want to check / redo the backup settings configuration.

(Only noticed this as I was looking in the Backup folder only to find there had been none after the restore)

Hi @Viktor Jaep , this may have been mentioned before and it might be just my router but I just noticed that after running a full restore after a hard reset, the Destination is not reset in Backupmon itself, it reverts to \\\\192.168.50.25\\Backups. Other than Destination I used the default settings under sc, so I don't know if they are kept. It is probably worth adding a note to instructions.txt to advise that, following a factory reset and restore you will want to check / redo the backup settings configuration.

(Only noticed this as I was looking in the Backup folder only to find there had been none after the restore)

That's pretty strange... it should be using all the information from your backupmon.cfg file. Especially after a restore, even that file would have been restored under /jffs/addons/backupmon.d... so that's curious. When you started the restore, did you copy both the existing "backupmon.sh" and "backupmon.cfg" over from your backup folders?

Yeah, I get that error message in the syslog every time I run the ''blkid" command just by itself on the SSH terminal window. So far the "error" seems harmless because the command runs just fine and you get the desired output. IOW, the error message comes from the blkid command, regardless of where & how it's being executed.
I get this error even if backupmon didn't run right after a reboot... so it's definitely something outside of backupmon. Not sure if I ever noticed it before when running the "blkid" command, or if this is an issue introduced with a later firmware?

That's pretty strange... it should be using all the information from your backupmon.cfg file. Especially after a restore, even that file would have been restored under /jffs/addons/backupmon.d... so that's curious. When you started the restore, did you copy both the existing "backupmon.sh" and "backupmon.cfg" over from your backup folders?
I copied both and checked the setup with "sh backupmon.sh -setup" as noted in instructions.txt before running the actual restore, hence my failing to double-check the settings after the restore (for which a huge thank-you). As I said above this might just have been a one-off, just think it would be prudent to check all is good after the event.

I copied both and checked the setup with "sh backupmon.sh -setup" as noted in instructions.txt before running the actual restore, hence my failing to double-check the settings after the restore (for which a huge thank-you). As I said above this might just have been a one-off, just think it would be prudent to check all is good after the event.

Guess it's time to do a test restore on the ol production router to test things out. (May need to give me until tomorrow to find a sweet spot while the fam is still sleeping) Thanks for the info... I'll see if I can reproduce the issue!

-------------------------

**PLEASE TAKE NOTE**

This thread has closed due to it being over 6 months old <sigh> I know. It sucks. :( Please jump on this new thread (for the next 6 months):

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!