What's new

Bandwidth Monitor scale behavior

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jass

Regular Contributor
Hi,
The first days after setting up my Asus router the bandwidth monitor scales to a 100 Mbits, and then changes to 1000 Mbits. This annoys me since my clients barely make a visible activity after that in the client list below. I have therefore tried to request "a scale setting" in the fw from Asus with no luck.

I've even experienced this behavior when bandwidth limiter is set to 75/75, and the traffic therefore never exceed 75 Mbit. The closest I've come to an answer why this happens is that it is automated of some sort, and all handled by the fw.

What I don't understand is that when it has switced to a scale of 1000 Mbits it stays like that. But the other day I logged in to the same router from a different computer, and then the scale was 100 Mbits. Minutes later I logged in from my usual computer and there it was 1000 as it has been for weeks. How come the scale isn't the same on two different computers at the same time if this is a decision taken by the routers fw?

But the other day I logged in to the same router from a different computer, and then the scale was 100 Mbits. Minutes later I logged in from my usual computer and there it was 1000 as it has been for weeks. How come the scale isn't the same on two different computers at the same time if this is a decision taken by the routers fw?

Probably the browser cache on your first PC needs clearing.

Probably the browser cache on your first PC needs clearing.

Not exactly sure how to do that, but I've tried Ctrl+F5 in my Chrome browser, without any change regarding the scale...

Chrome > Menu > More Tools > Clear Browsing Data.

You could also check by simply using a different browser from the same PC.

Chrome > Menu > More Tools > Clear Browsing Data.

You could also check by simply using a different browser from the same PC.
Thanks a lot...

Now I've tried that (cleared both pc's browsers, but same result. Still two different scales...

Last edited: