What's new

Belkin to buy Linksys

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

right. Cisco has gotten all the milk there is to be had from the Linksys teat. Acquired in in the early days of WiFi.

Cisco wants only 45% margin business!

Surprised to be honest - the Linksys brand was strong enough with customer goodwill and all - I figured they would spin it off to shareholders as a separate company.

Oh well... the upside is that Belkin understands the market, and they've committed to supporting current customers (including warranty support).

Perhaps for the best... obviously there's issues with the Linksys team integrating into Belkin's mangement/corporate workflow/culture - might not be a bad thing there...

Last edited:
Different group. Not part of home networking group so not part of the deal.

Good

Glad to hear that! Cisco have better service than Linksys most of the time. I have a rv082 and when I had to contact Cisco support, they were knowledgeable and helpful! I think my router even has lifetime warranty on it.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!