What's new

"best" ASUS VDSL modem to work with AC68U/RT3100

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mabhz

Regular Contributor
Hi all!

I am not sure if I can ask this question (post) here, considering this is a wireless forum, but I have learned SO MUCH valuable information on this fórum during the last couple weeks that I took the courage and decided to pop this question here. I sincerely apologize if Im doing something completely wrong.

I'm upgrading my ADSL connection from 15 to 25mb and was just now informed that my old D-LINK DSL 2640B no longer works, so I need a VDSL compatible modem. I would prefer to use another ASUS product, because I will be connecting is in bridge mode to my RT AC68U or maybe na RT3100.

Could someone please suggest me a decent ASUS modem that would handle VDSL?

Thanks in advance!

Thank you very much for your reply! Ill look into this modem. Hope its not expensive!

If you can buy, rather than rent, your own ISP's device, I would. A bridged modem is mostly relying on hardware & drivers (DSL) that are supplied by the modem SoC's manufacturer (Broadcom, MediaTek, RealTek, Alcatel, whatever).

Rather than focusing on the brand-name, you should focus on the modem SoC that a particular device uses (much like ADSL devices). Broadcom seems to be the best.

Check out wikidevi.

Also bear in mind depending upon your ISPs setup and technology implementation, you may be stuck with your ISP modem. In that case you need to see if your ISP modem can be changed into a bridged device and then you can put any router in line from your DSL modem.