What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Julio Urquidi

News Editor
bestbuygeeksquad.jpg
The growing numbers of consumers wanting to set up and manage their own wireless networks at home seems to have inspired Best Buy to launch a new service to meet a rise in demand.

Geek Squad Wi-Fi Setup & Support will have two offerings, a one-year plan and a two-year plan, where the tech support service will provide 24/7 in-home and remote support for wireless networks and devices. The Wi-Fi Setup & Support plans will not only help troubleshoot network troubles, but will extend help in setting up and optimizing wireless networks for paying customers; this includes using advanced settings glossed over by most installers, prioritizing networked devices based on use, and working on clearing up dead spots, buffering and speed issues.

The Geek Squad Wi-Fi Setup & Support service is available now for one year at $99 or two years at $149, Discounts for the service are also available when select products are bought from Best Buy.

I should plug all my 8+ routers together, set them all on the same channel, and have them come to my place asking them "Can you fix it? I can't use Facebook".

Don't they have a 1 star/F rating according to consumer affairs. I always tell people to avoid them. I have heard quite a number of stories of Geek Squad telling people they need to replace hardware ie hard drives when they had software issues/virus infections.

Last edited:
Geek Squad. When you want to pay someone else for something you both don't know about. :)