What's new

Best openwrt firmware for Linksys wrt1900ac version 1

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

karunrox

New Around Here
Hi Guyz... can u suggest me which is the best openwrt firmware for linksys 1900ac v.1. I heard about kaloz firmware but i dn't know how to install. If some one has experience with kaloz please share ur experience n steps to in stall. Thank U.

Download the image from here, making sure you load the correct one.
You just load it like factory firmware via the admin GUI. You load a factory image to go back.

This OpenWRT Wiki page is also helpful. Be sure to scroll down.

Just remember - OpenWRT - with great power comes great responsibilities...

It's meant to eat babies...

It's not for everyone...

Just remember - OpenWRT - with great power comes great responsibilities...

It's meant to eat babies...

It's not for everyone...

I agree that the web interface is the most intricate one I've seen. Not for me.

Chadster, so Kaloz' fw is not recommended?

Chadster, so Kaloz' fw is not recommended?
Kaloz's images are fine but they are evolving ahead of the trunk and use the new kernel 4.x (Very Bleeding Edge)

If a user is interested in adding OpenWRT packages those packages will be built compatible with the trunk version.

thank U folks.. Did anyone tried kaloz firmware???

Yes, I tried both McWRT and Kaloz firmware. I found not enough benefit for having to deal with the baroque OpenWRT web interface (a matter of taste). However, if Kong makes a general release of his dd-wrt firmware for this router, that would be one to try. As a tester of it, I've checked out Kong's dd-wrt firmware, and it looks much better, more manageable. Not quite ready for prime time yet, but pretty close.