What's new

best setting for PS4 with the AC87U?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Cazzoi

Regular Contributor
Hello.

does anyone have a PS4 and know what the best Settings is for the AC87U is there something i can change in the ASUS dashboard or the QOS.

thanks for the help and reply :)

I have a PS4, and a couple of Xbox Ones. All are working well. I am running the firmware listed in my signature with the settings listed in the following post:
http://www.snbforums.com/threads/dd-wrt-for-rt-ac87r.22421/page-11#post-172621

Once you flash a new firmware, it is good practice to reset the router. There are several ways to do this, but the way I do it is to....Telnet into the router and run: mtd-erase2 nvram, then run: reboot. Allow the router to reboot completely until the startup wizard appears, then power cycle the router, and then input all of your settings manually.

Good luck.

I have a PS4, and a couple of Xbox Ones. All are working well. I am running the firmware listed in my signature with the settings listed in the following post:
http://www.snbforums.com/threads/dd-wrt-for-rt-ac87r.22421/page-11#post-172621

Once you flash a new firmware, it is good practice to reset the router. There are several ways to do this, but the way I do it is to....Telnet into the router and run: mtd-erase2 nvram, then run: reboot. Allow the router to reboot completely until the startup wizard appears, then power cycle the router, and then input all of your settings manually.

Good luck.

If I have an XBox1 and 360, my XB1 is wired and 360 is wireless, and my 360 tells me I don't have an open NAT, but XB1 doesn't complain, how do I ensure I have the best NAT settings for my router? It's just using the most recent firmware from ASUS. Is there a way to optimize the NAT settings for the XB1 so that I get the best online XBLive gaming speeds? Should I consider a non-ASUS firmware? This is the 87U I have by the way.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!