What's new

[Beta] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.60 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Also have a rt-ac3100 ans qos does not work. From past threads and Merlin feedbacks, this is an issue with ASUS coding.

Sent from my D6633 using Tapatalk

Also have a rt-ac3100 ans qos does not work. From past threads and Merlin feedbacks, this is an issue with ASUS coding.

Sent from my D6633 using Tapatalk

Thanks a lot for replying man! Darn, that's a bummer. I think I remember that being an issue when I first tried it after I got it. That's pretty lame, hopefully Asus fixes this, pretty huge feature to not have work correctly.

From the post #1(maybe its your case)
Note that Traditional QoS is still broken with the newer models

Darn, that's a bummer. I tried every version of the QOS and it just resets itself. I'll just go back to using it as an access point, but hopefully Asus will fix this. Kinda crazy they haven't yet.

From the post #1(maybe its your case)
Note that Traditional QoS is still broken with the newer models

I think adaptive is broken or not working very well also
I tried it out for the first time in ages yesterday

Adaptive With Automatic/Games
Idle connection
Buffer bloat goes to C (A if QOS is off)

Active Connection
Device Lowest priority torrent doing 76 mbit down 19 mbit up

Device Highest priority (Xbox Network Test)
5% packet loss
0.2 mbit upload
17 mbit download

Same Scenario with qos off

0% packet loss
14 mbit upload
47 mbit download

A speed test on a pc at speedtest.net
seems to be handled properly by adaptive qos
with said active torrent a speed test
benchmarks 75 mbit down and 17.55 mbit up

Last edited:
beta2 run great as a router only .made a tablet that lost connections rock solid for 30 plus hours.
thanks for this

I updated to beta 2, after running beta 1 with no problems.

The only strangeness I encountered is typing the routers IP address in initially would not let me into the router with beta 1. I had to powercycle the router, and then i was able to access the GUI and do the update.

One other issue i've been seeing consistently, so I think its an ASUS problem, is that the clients I have running on 5 ghz believe they are getting a strong signal, and run quickly (500+), but when I check things out from the router side it says they are getting very low signal.

The only strangeness I encountered is typing the routers IP address in initially would not let me into the router with beta 1. I had to powercycle the router, and then i was able to access the GUI and do the update.

One other issue i've been seeing consistently, so I think its an ASUS problem, is that the clients I have running on 5 ghz believe they are getting a strong signal, and run quickly (500+), but when I check things out from the router side it says they are getting very low signal.
Which router model shows this issues? Without posting the router model it's a useless message... :rolleyes:

I think adaptive is broken or not working very well also
I tried it out for the first time in ages yesterday

Adaptive With Automatic/Games
Idle connection
Buffer bloat goes to C (A if QOS is off)

Active Connection

5% packet loss
0.2 mbit upload
17 mbit download

Same Scenario with qos off

0% packet loss
14 mbit upload
47 mbit download

A speed test on a pc at speedtest.net
seems to be handled properly by adaptive qos
with said active torrent a speed test
benchmarks 75 mbit down and 17.55 mbit up

Yeah, adaptive definitely doesn't work for me on the 3100, nor does any other QOS setting though.

Have anyone tested the bandwidth limiter mode per device(specially in rt-ac3100) ? Does it work or like the other modes it also fails ?

Enviado do meu iPad usando Tapatalk

AC56u and beta 2 running solid for 48 hrs now. Openvpn, ipv6 & traditional QoS running fine like before. I get F bufferbloat without QoS and A with it on. So far so good.

Which version of QoS are you using? (Just curious).

I too get similar results for buffer bloat and using QoS fixes it.

On my RT-AC68U (same processor hardware as your 'AC56U) I actually get A+ with Adaptive QoS on with 106d/23u manually set for an ISP (fibre) 120d/45u max ISP speeds and 1ms latency on Ookla speedtest with IPv6, 3 OpenVPN clients, 2 OpenVPN servers, AiProtection (all enabled, including OpenDNS family protection; globally set).

On my RT-AC68U (same processor hardware as your 'AC56U) I actually get A+ with Adaptive QoS on with 106d/23u manually set for an ISP (fibre) 120d/45u max ISP speeds and 1ms latency on Ookla speedtest with IPv6, 3 OpenVPN clients, 2 OpenVPN servers, AiProtection (all enabled, including OpenDNS family protection; globally set).
Actually I'm using the adaptive setting and not traditional as I mispoke earlier. I manually set it to 55/6 (advertised speed 50/5 from TWC) and select the Media Streaming priority if that makes a difference.

I don't see how your setup with the QOS would work because there is a known bug that all VPN traffic shows up as upload.
By you having 3 vpn clients and 2 VPN servers running there is no way your QOS is going to do anything but nothing :p
AUSUS QOS and VPN just don't work together. I have been complaining about it for a while now. I even wrote to ASUS and they acknowledged the bug but as they said
this is an OLD BUG that we know about, but obviously are doing nothing about it.
Unless with .60 they miraculously fixed it.
Very curious to know.

If you are referring to the link rate, this is simply power management working as expected. Link rates dynamically increase under load.

I have noticed on latest Asus official firmwares and RMerlins firmwares on AC68U that when going to Traffic Analyzer>Statistic (On RMerlin) when changing the Show By section to "Daily" at the bottom it briefly displays "Daily Top 5 Apps Used" but then changes back to "Monthly Top 5 Apps Used" even though the graph displays correctly the daily usage. When you change to weekly the same issue occurs. RMerlin are you able to fix this bug or is it something only Asus can fix?

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 329
Thanks for you answer!
Unfortunately I can't make any changes in upstream router (it is from my internet provider).
DNS server is not hard coded anywhere (as I wrote before I can't change ANY of settings after initial Setup Wizard). Everything worked fine on previous versions of your firmware (at least last 3-4 years).
I tried to change DNS to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 in DNS and WAN but situation is the same.
Do you have any other idea?
I tried official firmware from Asus but issue is the same. I can't change anything. Can anybody help me?

I know that there are no Mipsel builds yet, but there's a bug unfixed (maybe known) in .59 with WLAN leds (AC66U) - when router boots up - there's no light for 5GHz radio, only 2.4 GHz, but both radios work. Disabling and re-enabling radio enables that indicator.

Maybe this issue can be fixed in .60

I know that there are no Mipsel builds yet, but there's a bug unfixed (maybe known) in .59 with WLAN leds (AC66U) - when router boots up - there's no light for 5GHz radio, only 2.4 GHz, but both radios work. Disabling and re-enabling radio enables that indicator.

Maybe this issue can be fixed in .60

When that was reported, myself and another user tried to reproduce that problem, and we couldn't.

Edit: Pausing & playing movie does not help. Just dropped connection ~30 seconds after pause/play. Seems to be random timing but it is doing consistently, cannot watch a movie like this.

Moved to 380.beta2 with the same results. Wired DLNA clients losing network connection randomly but repeatedly enough so that watching a movie not possible. I have reverted back to 380.59. DLNA is now back to working perfectly on wired clients. As an FYI I am 10/10 on IPV6 test on 380.59 also.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!