What's new

[Beta] Asuswrt-Merlin 382.1 Beta is available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Works normally for me. Try a different browser.

The same issue persists across Safari, Firefox and Chrome browsers on 3 different macs!
If I reboot the router, then everything is back to normal until I attempt to load one of the tabs to the right of "Two Way IPS" (IPS tab is loading OK).

Flashed beta 4 (from beta 3) last night, and process went smoothly.
Thank You RMerlin for your effort and assistance!

Looks like most of the routers have been changed over to the 382 build path.

This finally included the AC68U.

Bandwidth limiting on guest networks certainly going to come in handy with the restaurant. :)

On the tools page unless you have a device plugged in to the lan port the bottom of the page displays no information. This has been present since B-1. All browsers, as soon as a lan port is active all the info is displayed like it should be.

You should have no issues reproducing this bug unless it's on the 3100 only. Simply unplug any lan devices and go wifi only then check the tools page.

RT-86u, beta2, Brother wireless printer showed up in the client list with the "wired device" "Ethernet jack" icon instead of the wireless client symbol.

(Almost certainly has nothing to do with Merlin code, but possibly helpful: Also got MUCH higher throughput on 5ghz EdiMax 7822 USB client, by switching the client to only hook up with 802.11n or 802.11a protocol. When the client hooked from 10 meters distance through a wall as an 802.11ac client, the nominal connect rate was 780 or 867mhz, but the max download speed was 12-15 Mbps. Limited to 802.11a the nominal connect rate was 300Mbps but download speed exceeded 110Mbps.)

RT-86u, beta2, Brother wireless printer showed up in the client list with the "wired device" "Ethernet jack" icon instead of the wireless client symbol.

(Almost certainly has nothing to do with Merlin code, but possibly helpful: Also got MUCH higher throughput on 5ghz EdiMax 7822 USB client, by switching the client to only hook up with 802.11n or 802.11a protocol. When the client hooked from 10 meters distance through a wall as an 802.11ac client, the nominal connect rate was 780 or 867mhz, but the max download speed was 12-15 Mbps. Limited to 802.11a the nominal connect rate was 300Mbps but download speed exceeded 110Mbps.)

Check the forums, that issue actually comes up quite often in posts. Clients with a pre-existing lease after a reboot show up as wired or static despite being wireless or dhcp. It takes a lease renewal for the database to get properly updated.

Last edited:
Looks like most of the routers have been changed over to the 382 build path.

This finally included the AC68U.
Yes! RT-AC1900P here

Version 3.0.0.4.382.18547 2017/11/10

ASUS RT-AC1900P Firmware version 3.0.0.4.382.18547
Security fixed
- Fixed KRACK vulnerability
- Fixed CVE-2017-14491: DNS - 2 byte heap based overflow
- Fixed CVE-2017-14492: DHCP - heap based overflow
- Fixed CVE-2017-14493: DHCP - stack based overflow
- Fixed CVE-2017-14494: DHCP - info leak
- Fixed CVE-2017-14495: DNS - OOM DoS
- Fixed CVE-2017-14496: DNS - DoS Integer underflow
- Fixed CVE-2017-13704 : Bug collision
- Fixed predictable session tokens, logged user IP validation, Logged-in information disclosure (special thanks for Blazej Adamczyk contribution)
- Fixed web GUI authorization vulnerabilities.
- Fixed AiCloud XSS vulnerabilities

New features
- HDD Hibernation
- URL filter black/white list
- Bandwidth limiter on guest network
- URL filter support https website

On the tools page unless you have a device plugged in to the lan port the bottom of the page displays no information. This has been present since B-1. All browsers, as soon as a lan port is active all the info is displayed like it should be.

You should have no issues reproducing this bug unless it's on the 3100 only. Simply unplug any lan devices and go wifi only then check the tools page.

Already tried - I can't reproduce it neither on the RT-AC86U (different switch) or the RT-AC88U (which has two different switches). We'll have to wait until another model with a 53100 switch gets ported to 382 before I can test this out - and I can't find anything wrong while looking at the code.

Not sure if this is an Asus closed-source issue and thus Eric can't fix or not, but I am noticing with the 382.1 Beta 1,2,3,4 code on the AC86U when I am connected to the router via WiFi, QoS gauges only register Upload bandwidth but not Download bandwidth. When I am connected via Ethernet, the QoS gauges register both Upload and Download traffic.

I don’t know how to report this bug, but since upgrading my AC86U to beta 3 and 4, it seems to have this bug of slow network whenever I have 2.4GHz wireless clients connected.

I have a bandwidth of 100Mbps down and 50Mbps up. Whenever I have 2.4GHz wireless clients connected, the bandwidth available drops to only up to 30Mbps download and upload on all clients (2.4GHz or 5GHz). This didn’t happen on previous Beta 1 or Beta 2. Not sure what else has changed other than this. However, the bandwidth will return to normal after a few minutes, then impacted again a few minutes after randomly.

This does not impact on wired clients (afaik).

I have AI protection, Apps Analysis & Traffic Analyzer turned on. Turning them off does not help.

Last edited:
After updating to beta 4 my policy based vpn is failing.
When turning off vpn i can see this error:
openvpn[2150]: ERROR: Linux route delete command failed: external program exited with error status: 2
I have tried to default my vpn, reboot and input config again. The problem is that after reboot the config is back (not deleting). Had this issue once before when changing beta version and solved it by doing a factory reset.
Any quicker/better way to resolve this?

Edit; Certificates got deleted but not the rest.

Last edited:
@RMerlin Did they skip you in the 382 branch development for AC68? New firmware already there, would have expected you to be having beta already... ;-)

@RMerlin Did they skip you in the 382 branch development for AC68? New firmware already there, would have expected you to be having beta already... ;-)
He can only make the firmware when he get the sources for them and it only just released yesterday .

He great at what he does but can't work from nothing.

I have ordered a RT-AC86U for delivery tomorrow and reading through the notes regarding the OpenVPN implementation and changes from the way that Asus have implemented it would it be better for me to just flash this beta 4 firmware and enjoy the benefits of the Merlin build rather than start with the default Asus firmware...?

I would be using the router for with a VPN client access to AirVPN.

EDIT: Don't wish to seem disrespectful but is this beta version for the noted router "complete" and considered stable enough to use ...?

Thanks

Last edited:
He can only make the firmware when he get the sources for them and it only just released yesterday .

He great at what he does but can't work from nothing.
That's exactly what I am saying. Usually he gets early access to these sources from Asus. Not this time apparently, thus the remark....

Last edited:
openvpn[2150]: ERROR: Linux route delete command failed: external program exited with error status: 2

This is normal, and has always been there. It's because the Policy Routing script removes the routes that redirects all traffic through the tunnel, and those routes are no longer there when the tunnel shuts itself down and tries to clean up configured routes.

That's exactly what I am saying. Usually he gets early access to these sources from Asus. Not this time apparently, thus the remark....

It's been years since Asus has provided me any early/advanced GPL code. Nowadays, I need to constantly prod at them as they often either forget to upload to their website, or the archive they upload is corrupted or incomplete.

Things have been too busy for me lately with work stuff, so I'm not even looking at the moment into those other updated models. What little time I have available is spent trying to just get this first release out of the way, for the three currently supported models.

Had a question about the CPU Temperature on the AC-RT86U router?

Have installed the latest beta bios 382.1 beta 4. Everything seems to be working great. I was just curios about the temp. if this is ok...
For the 2.4Ghz - 55C -- 5 Ghz -- 55C and the CPU -- 83C to 84C.
Ambient Temp is 68 - 70 degrees.
Help on the would greatly be appreciated.

Had a question about the CPU Temperature on the AC-RT86U router?

Have installed the latest beta bios 382.1 beta 4. Everything seems to be working great. I was just curios about the temp. if this is ok...
For the 2.4Ghz - 55C -- 5 Ghz -- 55C and the CPU -- 83C to 84C.
Ambient Temp is 68 - 70 degrees.
Help on the would greatly be appreciated.
Those temps are about average. Many of us use laptop coolers or fans stuck to back of the router depending on the model. This is a fix that gives great results for very cheap. In my case a 12$ usb powered laptop cooler. My temp sits at about 51 degrees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!