What's new

[Beta] RT-AC88U Firmware version 9.0.0.4.380.2697

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

SLK350

Occasional Visitor
ASUS RT-AC88U Firmware version 9.0.0.4.380.2697
[Beta release]
Security Related
- Modified the access rights of account mode and share mode to asusware.platform path when lighttpd server is enabled. (Très Acton at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence)
- Modified the access rights to specific port of UPnP server. (Très Acton at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence)
- Updated lighttpd server version to 1.4.39 (Thanks to Tommi)
- Restriced access from wan method to enhance security. (Thanks for David)
- Changed SSH and Telnet default access interface.

WTFast
- Updated WTFast core version to 1.0.0.4.16.0105.
- Allowed secondary GPN for WTFast advanced account.
- GPN server to router connection stability improvement.

New Features
- Opened MU-MIMO option (In beta stage and we continually improve MU-MIMO performance)
- Supported auto dynamic port changing of UPnP server when ports conflict.
- Supported more ASUS Router App new features
- Added Vodafone profile in IPTV

Bug fixed
- Fixed the GUI issue for reboot scheduler
- Fixed httpd/ Telnetd/ SSH restart issue after LAN address changed

Download: Click Here

Saw this today too. Looks very interesting. Hope Merlin is merging it asap and some nightly compiles will be available or a 380.59 alpha2 directly from Merlin will be available .

He needs the source-code not the firmware...

Aha and why you tell me that? I am more than aware of this. If u rethink your senselessly comment u should get it that i am talked about MERGING which clearly is related to source code and totally indicates that i talked about source code. Did u got this or should i explain it more detailed???

P.S.: At this moment of posting i was not aware that Merlin is not getting beta GPLs nor Asus is generally releasing them. Not everyone is genius like you...

Aha and why you tell me that? I am more than aware of this. If u rethink your senselessly comment u should get it that i am talked about MERGING which clearly is related to source code and totally indicates that i talked about source code. Did u got this or should i explain it more detailed???

P.S.: At this moment of posting i was not aware that Merlin is not getting beta GPLs nor Asus is generally releasing them. Not everyone is genius like you...
Dude you need to relax.. he was just saying it, and you're taking it way to far, and being rude about it. I can understand the exact reason for the way he replied, as far to many times people say the same thing you said, not realizing firmware's are useless to Merlin, for making build's off of. Also likely there won't be a source code posted for this beta, but it's possible they will share it with Merlin, as there relationship is pretty good.

Dude you need to relax.. he was just saying it, and you're taking it way to far, and being rude about it. I can understand the exact reason for the way he replied, as far to many times people say the same thing you said, not realizing firmware's are useless to Merlin, for making build's off of. Also likely there won't be a source code posted for this beta, but it's possible they will share it with Merlin, as there relationship is pretty good.

I know this and cause of this my rudeness. He dont needs to treat me like a little child cuz i asked a normal question.

And especially because Merlin have this good relationship with Asus i asked about it. Maybe it was to early to ask ok, but hey it was just a simple question (which btw was already answered in another thread by Merlin himself).

Instead of you i cant see the exact reason here for his answer and why he treats me like a noob. Again i talked about merging and updated alpha version, nothing about firmwares. But hey nothing to get wild about so i just take it how it is.

Edit: Ok now i get it. Cuz i posted here u thought i believed the firmware is enough.

Last edited:
Just loaded this and my GUI is so laggy it takes over a minute to load each page of the firmware. Other than that it runs fine for basic Internet.

Other than that it runs fine for basic Internet.

Agree for basic internet unfortunately my Roku 3 players do not like this build. Netflix seems ok but Amazon prime and the NBC app have issues and buffering never had this before. I went ahead and loaded Merlin's latest 58.0 and all is happy again strange indeed but true.

I haven't super tested it but I did notice the only way the weather app on my iphone would work is if I went cellular. I have only been on it a day.

I heard of devices not connecting on a specific firmware but an APP doesn't work. I'll have to investigate this. Thanks for the homework.

Anyone hear when they may be coming out with a non-beta driver? Its been so quiet on here and kind of a long time to be offering just a beta on many of the models.

[OFFTOPIC:ON]
Apparently the most active contributor to this community from ASUS left the company. Thats probably why you see a drop in here . Most likely they are actively developing but we have less chances to contribute (?). I hope that they will rethink their policy as it was a real added value and one of the main reasons to purchase their products.
[OFFTOPIC:OFF]

[OFFTOPIC:ON]
Apparently the most active contributor to this community from ASUS left the company. Thats probably why you see a drop in here . Most likely they are actively developing but we have less chances to contribute (?). I hope that they will rethink their policy as it was a real added value and one of the main reasons to purchase their products.
[OFFTOPIC:OFF]

I know of at least three other Asus employees who visit this forum, and they've all logged in recently. There might not be as much active interaction, but they are nonetheless reading people's feedback here.

Anyone hear when they may be coming out with a non-beta driver? Its been so quiet on here and kind of a long time to be offering just a beta on many of the models.

I know they are doing some fairly major changes currently to Asuswrt as a whole, so I'm not surprised at the lack of updates these past few weeks. At least the latest beta releases seem to be fairly good overall, so there's no emergency. I would actually recommend people to use these 2695/2697 builds right now, and not to worry too much about their Beta label.

I wonder if the 88 software works with a UML290 Aircard? I know the latest beta for the 66u 2695 and 9533 do not. Once back on 9459 it works again. Factory resets and will only work for fw 9459. It kind of stinks as I reported the issue awhile ago on 9533 and the beta.

Last edited:
Anyone having any NAT issues on the 360 or Xbox One with this router and firmware? I had to go back to my AC68P to get open NAT on both.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!