What's new

Block internet for a single IoT device?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

XIII

Very Senior Member
One of my IoT devices will soon get a firmware update that I'd rather not install on it.

How can I block this single device from connecting (downloading/uploading) to the internet?

It should still be able to communicate with devices in my local network (192.168.x.y range) though.

Try clicking on the clients bubble on the main page and find client under client status. Click on the icon and then enable "Block Internet Access".
(I've never actually tried this.)

Try clicking on the clients bubble on the main page and find client under client status. Click on the icon and then enable "Block Internet Access".
(I've never actually tried this.)

I do this with various IOT devices. It works great.

Or just use the dedicated feature in Skynet.. So you also get a logging ;)

( sh /jffs/scripts/firewall settings iot unban|ban 8.8.8.8,9.9.9.9 ) Unban|Ban IOT Device(s) (or CIDR) From Accessing WAN (Allow NTP / Remote Access Via OpenVPN Only) (Use Comma As Separator)
( sh /jffs/scripts/firewall settings iot view ) View Currently Banned IOT Devices
( sh /jffs/scripts/firewall settings iot ports 123,124,125 ) Allow Port(s) To Access WAN (Use Comma As Separator)
( sh /jffs/scripts/firewall settings iot ports reset ) Reset Allowed Port List To Default
( sh /jffs/scripts/firewall settings iot proto udp|tcp|all ) Select IOT Allowed Port Protocol

Thanks! I had no idea about the GUI option and I completely forgot about the SkyNet option...

Will experiment with both.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!