What's new

Blocking Kodi

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

tsunami2311

So I am aware of streaming site /app called kodi, and certian people on my network are using and I dont want them to,

So I want to block via the Router or DNS Like I can for Netflix anyone know what IP I would need to block it from all devices I choose?

peferable the streams are block but the app/program/site works but I will take which ever

Last edited:
So I am aware of streaming site /app called kodi, and certian people on my network are using and I dont want them to,

So I want to block via the Router or DNS Like I can for Netflix anyone know what IP I would need to block it from all devices I choose?

peferable the streams are block but the app/program/site works but I will take which ever

Do an nslookup on kodi dot com see what IP's you get..

Kodi is designed to stream media on your LAN.

Presumably you are talking about people using Kodi to stream media from the internet? If that is the case then they are using a third-party add-on. You would have to analyse each add-on individually to work out how to block it. The add-ons are nothing to do with the main Kodi site.

https://kodi.tv/the-piracy-box-sellers-and-youtube-promoters-are-killing-kodi/

yes, that would issue cause the devices that are using I dont have access to cause the password protected

Perhaps you can use the "Traffic Analyzer" or "Web History" to see what streaming sites they are using. Then you could block those sites.

Kodi itself relies on plugins for external streaming, otherwise all it does itself is play medias that are locally shared on your LAN. What you are looking for isn't blocking Kodi, but blocking the specific plugins you want to (for example, Youtube).

Kodi itself relies on plugins for external streaming, otherwise all it does itself is play medias that are locally shared on your LAN. What you are looking for isn't blocking Kodi, but blocking the specific plugins you want to (for example, Youtube).

Then would it be possible to block plugin via the router?? or would need access to said device that is using it to do that? which i dont have access to.

I can only do via router or dns as I only person that has access to home network

Kodi is a app/framework that supports many services, all having their own plugins...

if i had access to the devices I would but there password lock, there for I am no longer maintain said devices from stupid If i had access to them I would just firewall the program and be done with it

Kodi also has many legitimate and completely legal streaming plugins that are sanctioned in the official Kodi repository. HGTV, SYFY, CBS, Food Network, etc...

Kodi is a app/framework that supports many services, all having their own plugins...

Isn't that exactly what you just quoted?

Then would it be possible to block plugin via the router?? or would need access to said device that is using it to do that? which i dont have access to.

We can't answer that question without knowing which plugin you are trying to block.

Even if you knew which addons where accessing the internet, I think it would pretty hard to block them. Most plugins use scripts that constantly change the requesting user-agent.

In on instance the plugin might 'look like' this: Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; CPU OS 6_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10A5355d Safari/8536.25. Next time it might look like this: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X x.y; rv:10.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/10.0.

If these are kodi boxes, why not block internet access based on the device MAC address? It's kind of extreme, but gets them off your network.

not kodi boxes seeing as I have to mac adress allow for anything on my network, those boxes will never be allow, I talking about the Program on there site that allow the streaming, I gathering the plugins all use there own protcals/ip with the kodi program.

dont want it to work at all for any streams within the kodi programs

if your after the banned addons in Kodi block the domain servers they use or wireshark and see what information they give up but tvaddons etc should be fairly easy to block

and they use http(s) for streaming