What's new

Bluetooth in RT-AC87?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Bamsefar

Would there be any chance that a bluetooth USB adapter into USB3 (or USB2) port would work?

What I am after is a faster alternativ to connect when I get home, so that my homeautomation system (Fibaro HC2) would recognize me (and my wife) faster. Dependig on WiFi connection does not seem to be very fast - it takes a number of minutes, maybe 5-8 minutes, sometimes 20-30 minutes (for my Sony Z3, my wife's Samsung Galaxy Note 4 is much much faster, within 2-3 minutes). However from my car I know that my Bluetooth just takes a few seconds - and most of the time it is connected even before I enter my car....

So what I am after is a way and method to figure out who opened the door - and I thought Bluetooth connection might work somehow?

We have a Voyager®PRO UC v2 made by plantronics. It is bluetooth USB3 adapter that we use with a Bluetooth headset while listening to our selection from our mini music server. All connected through our WIFI router USB 3.0 PORT to stream privately our music server. Plus When driving we use our vehicle Bluetooth for music only.

Unfortunately, it is consider and illegal in my state to drive while using Bluetooth devices as a cell phone only when you are driving. The fine is on the thousand of dollars.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!