What's new

Brand new AC68U - Wifi Issues

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

PSU_Dave

New Around Here
So I just picked up my new router and installed the Merlin 384.11_2 version as I read once the router updates its wifi with ASUS, it will no longer be changeable. I then went and copied my settings from my 68U over to my 86U but I'm having CONSTANT wifi issues on the new router. 2.4 and 5 are giving me no internet while I am able to use my ethernet internet just fine.

I Read there are hits and misses with the router. Can anyone recommend a stable firmware version I can downgrade to while still getting both 2.4 and 5 signals stable?
Thank you in advance

Your title says AC68U but the post says 86U, which is it?

How did you copy your settings from the old router to the new? Did you do a factory reset after installing the Merlin firmware followed by manually entering your preferred settings?

Copying setting files from the same router across firmware releases may not work and copying setting files from a different router is asking for issues.

Do a complete reset and begin from scratch. Also, make sure you didn't accidentally hit the physical WiFi on/off switch on the router.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!