What's new

BRCM TEST SSID

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMparker72443

New Around Here
Wondering if someone could answer a question for me. New to the forum and to wireless networking.
I have WIFI Analyzer on my phone and tablet. It is showing my router which is a ASUS RT-N66U and my Brother printer. It is also showing BRCM_TEST_SSID. All I can find on google search is very old and not very helpful. Router has latest build Merlin firmware. Doesn't appear to affect performance in any way.
Any help would be appreciated.

Dave

Wondering if someone could answer a question for me. New to the forum and to wireless networking.
I have WIFI Analyzer on my phone and tablet. It is showing my router which is a ASUS RT-N66U and my Brother printer. It is also showing BRCM_TEST_SSID. All I can find on google search is very old and not very helpful. Router has latest build Merlin firmware. Doesn't appear to affect performance in any way.
Any help would be appreciated.

Dave

Check the MAC address to determine if it comes from one of your devices in particular, or maybe from a neighbour.

Thanks for quick reply. Live out in the country, nearest neighbor is 1/4 mile away. MAC address was from printer. When I unplugged printer it went away. All I see now is both signals from router. Didn't really have any problem, just wondered what it was.
Thanks
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!