What's new

Bridge mode issue with cable modem

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

shabby

Occasional Visitor
I have a hitron CGNM-3552 cable modem in bridge mode connected to an asus ac56u router, after 5-10 minutes the connection dies and i need to be reboot the cable modem. If i use just the cable modem unbridged without my router everything works fine.
Everything has been working fine for the last year in bridge mode, this issue just popped up over night, worst of all my friend has the exact same issue and the isp is blaming the router.
Any idea what the problem is here?

I have a hitron CGNM-3552 cable modem in bridge mode connected to an asus ac56u router, after 5-10 minutes the connection dies and i need to be reboot the cable modem. If i use just the cable modem unbridged without my router everything works fine.
Everything has been working fine for the last year in bridge mode, this issue just popped up over night, worst of all my friend has the exact same issue and the isp is blaming the router.

You are not putting modem in bridge mode, it is router attached to the modem. For some reason maybe bridge mode is hosed up. Put it back to bridge mode. In my case ISP has to download different firmware
for bridge mode when I request it.

Provider is probably getting ready to rebalance the network, so making WAN-DHCP leases shorter makes this work for them - some routers have issues with this...