What's new

BT ipv6 settings

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hozz

Occasional Visitor
British Telecom have recently started rolling out ipv6 for their latest routers via automatic firmware updates.
I have an RT-AC68U, does anyone know what settings I should input to the ipv6 setup page please?

Call BT and ask. ;)

They don't want to help unless you are using their own router.

That is unfortunate. All you can do then is try different options as available on the router you have.

I'd be interested in this too. I had to ditch the HomeHub because it was useless in staying connected.

You guys have the BT open reach modem before the router?
I am on sky fibre using Bt open reach modem and AC68U, they have also recently rolled out IPv6. It was as simple as setting IPv6 to native in AC68u settings and doing a restart of the router. Restarting the router after enabling IPv6 I believe is a must. The first time enabling it took a while to kick in, so maybe leave it for a day or so after setting it to native and see what happens.
I also chose to use googles IPv6 dns servers over the isp ones. 2001:4860:4860::8888 & 2001:4860:4860::8844

Edit: Running merlins firmware.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I have found that Tunnel 6to4 works for BT though it does not automatically populate the DNS servers.

Native works on my Asus RT-N66U ensure that Interface is set to PPP too.

upload_2016-12-30_18-23-36.png