What's new

BUG AC86U fails to reboot via the scheduler

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Cristian Ungureanu

New Around Here
Hi,

I have managed to reproduce a bug that was bugging me for some time now. I kept finding my WiFi down and the router turned off. Well, I believe I found the problem.

Problem: When I schedule my router to reboot on a pre-defined schedule, the router simply turns off and stays off.

Router details:
ASUS RT-AC86U
Firmware Version: 384.14_2
Signature version: 2.158 Updated : 2020/01/18 14:46
Services turned ON:
- IPSEC VPN Server
- SSH access (with key based login)
- AiProtection (I have a 15 level security assessment grade)
- Wireless scheduler for both 2.4 and 5Ghz.
- Samba
- Download Master

Steps to reproduce:
1. Setup a reboot schedule at http://router.asus.com/Advanced_System_Content.asp
2. Observe the router behavior at the date & time of the scheduled reboot; to reproduce, just choose today's date, and for time, 2-3 minutes in the future.

Expected result:
Router will reboot and resume normal operations

Actual result:
Router shuts down. To restart I need to de-press and press again the hardware start/stop button on the back of the device.

What has been tried:
- Rebooting the router via the Reboot button in the admin interface header performs a correct reboot.
- I had run a soft factory default reset on the router via http://router.asus.com/Advanced_SettingBackup_Content.asp; same behavior afterwards.
- The same firmware version works fine on a RT-AC5300 with the same firmware number and the same setup (the reboot schedule works fine)