What's new

[BUG] Cannot paste password on login page in 378.55

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Wilk

New Around Here
Hi there,

I could not find a bugtracker for AsusWrt-Merlin, so I'm trying here where the dev may be around.
After upgrading to 378.55 the login system has changed from HTTPauth to the html form.
The problem is, I am not able to paste into that field anymore. As I am using really long passwords, this is really annoying.
Is this a known problem?

My Router:
Asus AC66U

My client specs:
Mac OS Yosemite with Chrome Stable (Webkit).

What I am trying to do:
Logging into the webinterface of v378.55 with a password from the clipboard.

What I expected would happen:
Passwords gets pasted into the password field.

What actually happened:
Pasting has no effect, even when clicking "paste" in the context menu.

Last version where it worked:
v378.54_2 where HTTPauth has been used for input.

Regards,
Wilk

you should really read the changelog and the tons of other posts about this "problem".

you should really read the changelog and the tons of other posts about this "problem".

I read the changelog - it does not state any problems with pasting passwords into the newly added login interface. It just states:

Code:
New token-based webui authentication (more secure)

Also I haven't found threads regarding this specific problem.

I read the changelog - it does not state any problems with pasting passwords into the newly added login interface. It just states:

Code:
New token-based webui authentication (more secure)

Also I haven't found threads regarding this specific problem.

Well the main thread for discussing this firmware release contains many posts about this 'known' issue...not sure if this is the first reference to this topic:

http://www.snbforums.com/threads/asuswrt-merlin-378-55-is-now-available.25874/page-2#post-192987

and here is RMerlin's reply on the password/paste issue:

http://www.snbforums.com/threads/asuswrt-merlin-378-55-is-now-available.25874/page-6#post-193520

Last edited:
As a OS X user, why would you care so much about this issue?

Incidental or not, Apple engineers empower you to be among the lucky people worrying less. See more details in this response #92. It helps in this case even if you dislike Safari.