What's new

Buy now or wait for WiFi 6 and wpa3.........

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Sr71bb

New Around Here
I’ve finally decided to update my rented router/ modem combo from Comcast......it was a technicolor......it served me well and was a workhorse. But it’s getting old and I want to upgrade to a Netgear cm1100 modem and the Netgear Orbi 50 mesh system. Should I wait for wpa3 and WiFi 6 to come around for the orbi. I’ve waited this long to update......what’s a few more months.......or should I just go for it already and stop torturing myself waiting for new technologies to come around.........

Wi-Fi technology continues to evolve rapidly. Something new will always be around the corner for the foreseeable future.

My advice is to stay a generation back from the bleeding edge. When you buy next-gen stuff when it first comes out, you are paying the most you’ll pay and usually getting plenty of bugs in the bargain.

Unless you have a pressing need, leave your wallet in your pocket.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!