What's new

CakeQOS Cake-QOS - where to find it?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

TheLyppardMan

Very Senior Member
I've just uploaded firmware 386.2 Alpha 1 to my RT-AX88U. Can anyone tell me where to find Cake-QOS as I thought I had read that it could be managed from within the GUI?

not aware of a gui for CakeQOS (or is it new in alpha?)
see below for info

once installed, run cake-qos via cli and use menu options

#########################################################

Select an option
[1] --> Start cake
[2] --> Stop cake
[3] --> Check cake status
[4] --> Change cake settings

[5] --> Update CakeQOS-Merlin
[6] --> Install CakeQOS-Merlin
[7] --> Uninstall CakeQOS-Merlin

[e] --> Exit

Adaptive qos > qos > cake.:)
Oh thanks - I've found it now. I didn't expect to see it amongst all the Trend stuff and was looking for a separate tab for it.

Just a few more question if I may - is Cake configurable or do I just let it do its stuff with the setup that has been installed? If the answer is yes, what would I be able to configure and how would I go about it?

not aware of a gui for CakeQOS (or is it new in alpha?)
see below for info

once installed, run cake-qos via cli and use menu options

Select an option
[1] --> Start cake
[2] --> Stop cake
[3] --> Check cake status
[4] --> Change cake settings

[5] --> Update CakeQOS-Merlin
[6] --> Install CakeQOS-Merlin
[7] --> Uninstall CakeQOS-Merlin

[e] --> Exit

It's a new feature in the latest Alpha build.

Oh thanks - I've found it now. I didn't expect to see it amongst all the Trend stuff and was looking for a separate tab for it.

Just a few more question if I may - is Cake configurable or do I just let it do its stuff with the setup that has been installed? If the answer is yes, what would I be able to configure and how would I go about it?
Just let it do its stuff after setting your download/upload speed and WAN packet overhead. That's the beauty of Cake, install and forget.

1615032191275.png

The script will be used in the future for more advanced features/users.

Hi,

I've just updated to the 386.2 Merlin firmware and Cake is now an option in the QOS page and I have selected it.

But I'm now not sure how to actually see if it's working, I know there is no GUI (yet), but can somebody please explain how I see the Cake stats from the CLI?

The statement above says "once installed, run cake-qos via cli and use menu options" but I can't seem to run cake-qos from anywhere, and can't find the location it is installed.

Sorry, I'm not very experienced with CLI commands, so am probably missing something pretty obvious.

Thanks
Richard

Last edited:
Hi,

I've just updated to the 386.2 Merlin firmware and Cake is now an option in the QOS page and I have selected it.

But I'm now not sure how to actually see if it's working, I know there is no GUI (yet), but can somebody please explain how I see the Cake stats from the CLI?

The statement above says "once installed, run cake-qos via cli and use menu options" but I can't seem to run cake-qos from anywhere, and can't find the location it is installed.

Sorry, I'm not very experienced with CLI commands, so am probably missing something pretty obvious.

Thanks
Richard

See: https://www.snbforums.com/threads/cakeqos-merlin-v2-0-0-alpha.71283/post-674588

I'm assuming you are saying I need to install the V2 Alpha Script?

I'm not normally keen on Alpha stuff but have done the install and now have a GUI and things appear to be working, thanks.

It just wasn't clear to me what else I needed to do after updating to 386.2 with built in Cake QOS.
Just so I understand, was Cake actually working silently in the background even without installing the V2 alpha script?

Richard

Just so I understand, was Cake actually working silently in the background even without installing the V2 alpha script?
To see the status of CAKE without the addon script, run these commands over SSH:
Code:
tc -s qdisc show dev eth0 root
tc -s qdisc show dev ifb4eth0 root

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!