What's new

Can HPNA ('Fibe TV') coexist with MoCA (network)?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

stansoltz

Occasional Visitor
I currently use MoCA Actiontec ECB2500 adapters to provide all rooms in my house with internet connectivity. They work great. Now I'm thinking of moving from Cable TV to Bell Canada Fibe TV - I believe the Fibe TV whole-home PVR would leverage my existing Coax and use HPNA to deliver the tv signals.

Can both networks run on the same coax? I think MoCA is higher frequencies, while HPNA is lower.... anyone have a similar setup?

It "should" work...

When I got DirecTV installed - they ran MOCA from the main Tuner to the remotes - but they also installed their own cable (RG-6) out of concerns that the existing RG-58 in-house wiring was a bit to lossy - which since it's on their dime, I was ok with it...

DOCSIS 3 uses more RF bandwidth, so having the existing RG-58 was actually pretty useful, as the two do not have to exist on the same CoAX install...

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!